Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves is Confident: Eubank Jr. is Just Not Big Enough For 168!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO it's wishful thinking from Groves and his fans. Just like Pac did a clean sweep of Margarito, here the smaller fighter will school Groves. Jr is just too fast, has a full tank practically the entire fight, too slick. But one thing is certain, with neither afraid to trade, this will be a great fight for the fans.

Comment

When i hear fighters focus on size..i see disaster

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
        IMO it's wishful thinking from Groves and his fans. Just like Pac did a clean sweep of Margarito, here the smaller fighter will school Groves. Jr is just too fast, has a full tank practically the entire fight, too slick. But one thing is certain, with neither afraid to trade, this will be a great fight for the fans.
        It's not just about pure size, it's their respective attributes and how they use their respective tools.

The fight itself is completely up for debate, obviously.

I see this as Grove's seek-and-destroy style vs Eubank's speed, movement and countering, to a fair extent.

Eubank may flip the script by stinging Groves with hard shots, but that's not what I expect.

I think Eubank will wear down over the long haul.

But it's a great fight.

Comment

Groves is a pretty big SMW and Eubank had average power at MW let alone SMW.

Groves will be the bigger guy and the superior boxer.

Eubank has a better chin and higher work rate.

Groves at his best beats Eubank over 12 close rounds.

Comment

Well, Groves is not much bigger than Eubank. Silly trash talk.

Comment

Quote:
              Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
              It's not just about pure size, it's their respective attributes and how they use their respective tools.
              I see this as Grove's seek-and-destroy style vs Eubank's speed, movement and countering, to a fair extent.
              Eubank may flip the script by stinging Groves with hard shots, but that's not what I expect.
              But it's a great fight.
              You make some good points. I think the big question will be, how much will Jr's punches effect Groves? I think they will, maybe we disagree. But anyway, like you said, this will be a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post

But it's a great fight.
                When he’s tried to be slick and counter recently he’s not looked that good really, if he can put together his defensive movement with his punch variety however, groves could be in for a tough night

Comment

Working...
                X