Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: GGG Can Fight Canelo or Keep Making What He Makes!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take it ggg!

Comment

• Originally posted by ssc73 View Post
      Let's just say for argument's sake, Oscar offered $15 mil plus a 15% share of the PPV. Let's also assume the fight would likely do at least 1.5 million buys and around 150 Million, if not more.....that's still 10% to the reigning champion.

It's bowlshyte.......first it was "I'm going to take that fight when my body is comfortable at 160".....?? What happened to that? HE NEVER EVEN TRIED IT and jumped into a much more winnable fight above the weight in which they will drain the other guy down..........now the fight is being held up over the split?

GROW UP CANELO........OSCAR......NO MORE DUI'S.......pay someone to drive and don't drink before you spill this garbage....!!

Oscar is making a fool of himself and Canelo. Floyd could have told Pac "I offered him $40 million, that's the biggest purse he's ever made"......and NOBODY gave Pac any flack for saying 'get bent'....

There's huge double standard. For everyone calling Canelo a chicken like his promoter was once called, Oscar knows there are plenty of trolls that think GGG is a hype job and has plenty of haters lined up.

If I were GGG, I'd say "Ok, you're so sure you're going to beat me, I'll take the low split. But I want a guaranteed rematch of the opposite split after I knock your cement footed red-head out. If you're so confident, shouldn't be a problem. If you win, no rematch, if you do, I get paid. OR....you can buy me out of the rematch for the missing 25% I will have been entitled to by risking all my belts as champion and taking an unheard of 85/15 as champion...........

Jacobs got close to 40/60 vs GGG with NO BASE.....GGG was plenty willing to share the wealth and has plenty of base but needs a real threat to bring them out.........Canelo has trolls......big difference. But it did backfire vs "Beefy"......and yes, the 'All Mexican Showdown" will get $$...but it will be real Mexicans hoping Chavez Jr can pull it off......

There is something wrong here and it's not GGG. I don't want to hear about the past. I want to talk about fair value today........GGG deserves 40%. When he smashes Canelo and walks with 15%?? How will that be fair?? He won't gain more notoriety than he's got. He's already given up his right to the bigger split as champion, acknowledging Canelo is a bigger draw.

But Canelo can't do a serious $150 Mil fight without GGG.......and Oscar knows it. So they'll play this game to keep Canelo from getting ruined........

Boxing these days...........WTF??

Quit 'frocking around', Canelo! Weight is no longer and excuse...he'll make PLENTY for draining Chavez below any point of effectiveness.........then the games will start again.....

Fight GGG or GTFO......I think Andrade beats him, Lara at least deserved a draw and the bigger Charlo probably KO's him too and he'll make less in those fights than in one vs GGG. But for some reason, are doing all they can to avoid it....

If you believe Oscar and Canelo, I got some stuff you should look at.........real cheap property in the about to be booming Detroit area.....you'll make a killing..........LMAO. What Puddy Cat's........**** 'em!!

I hope GGG takes it and smashes the dude just for the sake of doing it. I have a feeling that if they don't bring the right offer, he'll take the fight anyway and move on and just out of frustration, leave Canelo in a heap of broken ribs, collapsed lungs and a not-so-sturdy anymore jaw.....Hell, even Haymon's guys are fighting the best..Wake up Oscar....your cash cow will lose so many fans/buys from not taking the fight, GBP would really start to sink.....
      Cable distibuters and HBO take half the PPV money and the PPV will be $70 not $100.

Pacquiao was making 20-30 mil from fights when Mayweather offered 40. Golovkin is making 2-3 mil. They aren't anywhere close to being the same, Golovkin is being offered far more for his worth than Pacquiao was.
      Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 02-22-2017, 01:39 AM.

Comment

• Oscar never fought for a flat fee. On a different note let's not forget there is a lot of hands in the cookie jar , Oscar, the venue, cable companies, etc, etc.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Gonzalez_Boxing;17443061]Saying an upside is in the offer doesn't make it a fair without knowing exact figures and stipulations.

Why as a fan do we give a crap about what is fair? How as a fan not aware of the inner workings of the business side of boxing judge what's fair? To me, only the Trip fans are working the fair argument as the flat fee argument is now dead. 10 million plus upside is a 3-4 fights worth of money for Trip. Fair or not...it's career high game changing money.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
            correct, that is a logical explanation. But try explaining that to the Canelo fan boys who swear up and down that the reason this fight hasn't happened is because ggg fears Canelo. It's mind boggling how some people can't see simple logic in what golden boy is doing. They want to drag this fight out for as long as possible while putting Canelo in lower risk fights with the hope that his fan base will look past the mismatches and support him blindly.
            Yep. I don't subscribe to the idea that Canelo is afraid to fight Golovkin. He and most every other fighter are afraid of losing and diminishing their brand and income stream. They don't fear getting hit in the face, they fear getting hit in the pocketbook.

You are absolutely right. If Canelo believes his fan base will desert him if he does not fight in September, GB will up the ante to ensure the fight gets made.

Comment

• Mayweather took a small purse to become the cash cow

Mayweather took a small purse relatively, when he fought DLH in order to become the cash cow. So it's GGG turn if he's serious and if he wins then he'll be in the driver seat and be the cash cow. GGG is going to make $15 mil at least when all said and done and he's making $2 mil a fight now tops. So take the fight GGG if you want to be the man and you're not getting any younger this is your retirement fund win or lose.

Comment

• Manny Pacquiao made $15 million fighting Oscar De La Hoya. Think about that.

Comment

• Call his bluff GGG

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    Charlo couldn't even beat the crap out of a much older Trout??? But you have him stomping Canelo??? OK!! Whatever.
                    I guess we will see when they fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                      I guess we will see when they fight.
                      Yup! That's why they fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X