No announcement yet.

Boxing's obsession with the 0

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post

I think you're cherry picking your facts like the guy in your avatar cherry picks the opponents and the right timing of fighting opponents.

I'm no fan of McGregor, but he could have pulled out once his original opponent fell out, but he chose to move up 25 pounds, from 145 to 170. In boxing weight class terms, that's moving up from Welterweight to a catchweight in the Light-heavyweight division.

So he should have picked an elite 170 pound opponent to boost?
    I'm not cherry picking facts. McGregor is a natural lightweight, 155 pounds, who drains himself down to 145 pounds. That would be like Canelo fighting at welterweight in boxing and then not cutting weight in his next fight and walking into the weigh in at 170 pounds (his walking round weight) and getting credit for "jumping up" several weight divisions.

McGregor is a big who cuts weight to fight smaller guys and he chose not to cut weight in his last fight because his opponent Diaz, also a lightweight, wasn't in camp. Diaz himself and many other commentators have called the idea of McGregor jumping up in weight bull**** and promotion to make McGregor seem like he did something great by getting hs ass whooped the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
      Here are the ring divisional rankings at the end of 2011 and 2013, after both fights. It's not optimal, but you can cross reference the fighters in the list with their records in boxrec at the time, and determine who would've acceptable to you in both years.
      What I was asking in the previous post was who did you wanna see Floyd fight at that time

Comment

its an American thing for the most part, if someone takes a loss they lose all fans and the hype dies, see gary Russell, broner, porter as exhibits. In Britain we support fighters win lose or draw, as long as they give it their all.

Comment

Originally posted by casheddie View Post
          What I was asking in the previous post was who did you wanna see Floyd fight at that time
          Manny. That was the only fight that mattered. In the absence of that, those were acceptable because they were other "top" fighters in the division.

Comment

Working...
          X