No announcement yet.

Holloway is damn good.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holloway is damn good.

What a performance. I think he landed like 250 significant strikes.

He messed up Ortega's face.

Best MMA fight of 2018... Will prolly win FOTY.

Comment

I've been preaching about Holloway for a while now. He was rough around the edges early on but about 3 or 4 years ago he really found himself as a fighter and the more his confidence grows, the more it plays into his style.

His punches aren't all that hard to read, but the speed at which he delivers them and the way he puts his body into them just fuks guys up. Even when they get a good shot into him, he's still on their ass and doesn't let up. Great lateral movement and varied defense. Such a great fighter to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by FightLikeABroad View Post
        He messed up Ortega's face.

So glad they ended that. Ortega must have shaved a couple years off his career with the sustained damage he took. Too damn tough for his own good.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          So glad they ended that. Ortega must have shaved a couple years off his career with the sustained damage he took. Too damn tough for his own good.
          I agree. I'm sure he could have gone the 5th round and finish it. Holloway was stunning him but couldn't knock him out. Ortega has a way too good chin and hearth, it was wise to throw the towel... Dude is only 27, no need to take risk with 1 eye only for 5minutes vs a guys who landed flush on you all night long.

Comment

Wish I'd thrown a few bucks on this now cuz I was big on Max, but with all that concussion-like symptons stuff from his almost last time in the cage I kinda lost some faith in him & wondering if he was gonna be as good as he's been or not. Nice W for Max doe regardless.

Comment

That mans put on a clinic; absolutely turned it on in the 4th.

Comment

Goat at 145. He really gave Ortega a beating, very impressive win.

Comment

Originally posted by FightLikeABroad View Post
                  Heck no, that was a beatdown, not competitive.

Yair Rodriguez VS the Korean guy (I'm a MMA casual) was a way better fight.

Comment

i remember not long ago max and mikey garcia were entertaining an exhibition boxing match...id pay to watch it.

Comment

Working...
                    X