• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward says no rematch for Fury vs Wilder

Thoughts?

Fury said that today as well

He is hearing statements saying they don’t want the fights next

Comment

Ward usually talks sense and this is no exception.

Wilder looked bamboozled at the end. I think He'll go elsewhere next.

Comment

Let it marinate, wilder will defend against brazeale and tyson will fight someone and joshua will fight Chris Arreola

Comment

Might be onto something, Fury will be much sharper next time out and fitter as well!

Not looking good for Wilder in a rematch, Fury is just simply the superior boxer and smarter one in there between the two!

Fury knows that Wilder isn’t stronger than him physically, Wilder has more power obviously but physically no!

Everytime they clinched, Wilder tried to fight the clinch and Fury was easily smothering him and held him in contempt!

Expect Fury to make it a inside fight to tire Wilder out and throw more combos!

Wilder should fight AJ as he’ll have a better chances to win that one!

Comment

Ofcourse they dont want it, its just yet another move in the career of a cherry picking fighters protected career. Weve seen these moves time and time again over the decades. This cherry pick nearly went badly wrong they are guna lick their wounds and move on.

I think they have a better chance against Joshua at Wembley than they would in a rematch against Fury, and will be paid very very well and have 2 cracks at the belts but after Saturday night i doubt they would take that option either, they have been very evasive with Hearn and Joshua since day one.

Not Wilder, i like Wilder, hes not very good but he means all his words, he desperately wants Joshua but his dodgy management has never had the same level of faith that he shows in himself. Its them that have directed his whole protected career. And those chicken protective managers seem to hold an awful lot of influence over their what i can only describe as very gullible fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
              Might be onto something, Fury will be much sharper next time out and fitter as well!

Not looking good for Wilder in a rematch, Fury is just simply the superior boxer and smarter one in there between the two!

Fury knows that Wilder isn’t stronger than him physically, Wilder has more power obviously but physically no!

Everytime they clinched, Wilder tried to fight the clinch and Fury was easily smothering him and held him in contempt!

Expect Fury to make it a inside fight to tire Wilder out and throw more combos!

Wilder should fight AJ as he’ll have a better chances to win that one!
              If there is a rematch I'm putting some money on Fury winning inside the distance.

Comment

i think they will fight again...but probably not next

Comment

I said the exact same thing. So I agree with Ward. I'm not sure we get a immediate rematch because Fury's stock has gone up. Hes going to get paid and have leverage in who and where he fights next. If Joshua wants to fight Fury he can pay Fury more money. Why would Fury go back to the US to fight Wilder for less money when he's still Lineal champ and everyone thinks he beat Wilder already? Even if Wilder agrees to go to the UK to fight Fury it doesn't generate as much money in the UK as Joshua/Fury. Also strategically if you are Wilder makes more sense to lay back fight your mandatory rebuild your stock and let Fury/Joshua beat up on each other and when the dust settles fight the winner then look bad against Fury potentially lose and kill any future Joshua fight.

Comment

Ward continues to be a beacon of light, an intelligent presence on the boxing landscape... something that Mayweather occasionally manages as well, but not with the reliability of Ward.

Either way is a charm... Neither of these guys can go wrong... It reminds me of the Chisora Haye fight... Which may have been the previous best heavyweight scrap in years. After that Haye and Chisora were both free of the grudge and had the respect of all.

With these guys Wilder did manage to do his thing. Without those two knockdowns this fight was practically on the Calzaghe Lacy order, with the knock downs, Wilder continues his path...we all know he lost the fight but who cares? With all respect to Marciano, no self respecting great heavyweight should walk around with an indefeated record!

I still have not lost the buzz this fight caused. the judges are bought and paid for, but they cannot destroy the people's choice. People know who won that fight! Let the rematch marinate...Wilder improved, he is improving. Fury will be sharper, let them both meet up down the road. Poor Joshua! Hes really got to pick now and fight one of these guys if he wants to be taken seriously, no more milking that cash cow.
                    Last edited by billeau2; 12-03-2018, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X