No announcement yet.

12-Year-Old Black Kid Has Police Called On Him For Mowing A Lawn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12-Year-Old Black Kid Has Police Called On Him For Mowing A Lawn

A 12-year-old child who started his own summer lawn-mowing business had the cops called on him for doing his job.

Reginald “Reggie” Fields, who lives in the Cleveland area, started Mr. Reggie’s Lawn Cutting Service with his family, and was doing just that when police showed up to a Maple Heights neighborhood last week.

“They said I was cutting their grass. I didn’t know it,” the 12-year-old told WEWS News 5.

Neighbors apparently complained to police that Fields was cutting into their lawn, Lt. Joe Mocsiran of the Maple Heights Police Department confirmed to Fox News on Friday.

Lucille Holt, Fields’ customer that day, told WEWS that she was confused when she saw a police officer approach.

“They said the kids cut their grass,” Holt said, speaking about her neighbors.

In a video uploaded to Facebook by Holt, children are seen doing yardwork together. Fields and his brother, 13-year-old Creshawn Austin, work on the business together. Though they aren’t related to Holt, the two boys refer to her as “Grandma,” Cleveland.com reported.

“You see the police car right there?” Holt says in the video. “My neighbors that stay in the house right there ― I guess I have a line where part of [the lawn] is not my yard. They called the police to tell the police that the kids was cutting their grass. Who does that? Who does that?”

Mocsiran told Fox no action was taken.

“A little kid is out there working hard ― heck no,” the lieutenant told the station.

“I was nervous,” Fields told Cleveland.com. “I thought they were going to tell me I was in trouble. I just walked away to another lady’s house and cut their grass. I just walked away and acted like nothing was going on and back in my own world.”

Fields and his family are now having the last laugh. After video of the incident went viral, Holt said she started getting flooded with phone calls asking to book appointments with Mr. Reggie’s Lawn Cutting Service. She set up a GoFundMe page to raise money for the business, and the two boys have averaged four to five yards a day since Saturday, they told Cleveland.com.

Austin told the publication they are getting more supplies and storage to become “like a mini Home Depot.”

“It’s been busy,” Fields told the outlet. “We’ve been all over the place. My mom has to drive us all over.”

“Just give me a call,” Fields told WEWS. “I will be there, on time.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/12-old-bl...190514540.html

[IMG]

via GIPHY

[/IMG]

Comment

Trump supporters have now called the police on people selling water, cutting grass, grilling and eating a burrito.

But let one of their neighbors buy an arsenal of weapons an ammunition and they do nothing.

WTF is wrong with these people?

Comment

Were the police called because he was black, or because the neighbors were too terrified to tell the kid to stop messing up their yard with his uneven mowing technique?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Trump supporters have now called the police on people selling water, cutting grass, grilling and eating a burrito.
          WTF is wrong with these people?
          First off, where did it say in that artice or others of the peoples political affiliation? And second, why do you always think its because they're black. Don't you think there might be other underlying reasons?

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
            First off, where did it say in that artice or others of the peoples political affiliation? And second, why do you always think its because they're black. Don't you think there might be other underlying reasons?
            It didn't, but in each of these instances when we see the people on TV it's abundantly clear.

I didn't say or imply it is always because the people are black. I included the burrito incident and that person wasn't black.

However, as for the water and the grilling it is clear that was the factor. If you choose to pretend otherwise, hey, nothing new. I've seen you do it in far more serious situations.

As for this story, I mean do you really, honestly think they called the police for an underlying reason other than that?

I have a landscaper. My neighbors have landscapers. If a landscaper inadvertently goes on your property you either talk to them or you talk to the property owner. I have never heard of the police being called. EVER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              It didn't, but in each of these instances when we see the people on TV it's abundantly clear.

I didn't say or imply it is always because the people are black. I included the burrito incident and that person wasn't black.

However, as for the water and the grilling it is clear that was the factor. If you choose to pretend otherwise, hey, nothing new. I've seen you do it in far more serious situations.

As for this story, I mean do you really, honestly think they called the police for an underlying reason other than that?

I have a landscaper. My neighbors have landscapers. If a landscaper inadvertently goes on your property you either talk to them or you talk to the property owner. I have never heard of the police being called. EVER!!!
              Honestly, if you want to know what I think, I think that the neighbors are the type of people who are terrified of their own shadow. They seen a boy mowing the neighbors yard and probably got upset when he went too far into their own yard and might've started messing up the look of their yard, so instead of talking to him like any normal person would do, they called the local sheriff, and of course being black probably didn't help. That sort of behavior repulses me,
              However, I wouldn't go immediately assuming its Trump supporters. I found liberals to be some of the most terrified people on the planet.

Comment

Don't think it was necessary to post the kids colour, the petty part is that a kid working gets police called on him for cutting a lawn.

Comment

Good industrious kid, and with a work ethic like that, he will go very far in life.

Good stuff!

Comment

"She set up a GoFundMe page to raise money for the business"

Everyone is looking for a hand out...

Comment

Working...
                    X