Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of people who commit suicide?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
    WTF is iffying?
    Dont really know where i stand

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      People who commit suicide come from all walks of life, all sorts of different personalities and all sorts of personal situations. Judge not.
      I don't judge. Harakiri, suicide bombing, kamikaze etc. are dignifed.

But suicide because of reason that life is treating you badly. Duh

One must be very depressed and having a massive hormonal imbalance to kill oneself. Suicidal people don't know what survival means.

Comment

Originally posted by led* View Post

One must be very depressed and having a massive hormonal imbalance to kill oneself. Suicidal people don't know what survival means.
        You just said that suicide bombing is dignified. That should be a sign to immediately check your head.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Dont really know where i stand
          Thanks. Since many are Americans here, let's take a look at the US data granting it really is. Here's what I found.

"A person has a higher risk of suicide if their parent, close relative or close friend has taken their own life."

Found that here. I don't know if it's authentic though.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/sui_fact.htm

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            You just said that suicide bombing is dignified. That should be a sign to immediately check your head.
            I am just trying to mess with you. and the joke bounces on me.

Comment

Originally posted by led* View Post

All human beings know what survival means. It's in our DNA. Self preservation is the strongest of all motivating factors for human beings. People who commit suicide simply don't give a **** about such primitive desires for survival. They're fully aware of it, they just don't care anymore.

Which is why the decision to commit suicide is, in my eyes, a ballsy move. I might even argue a noble move given our own species' blatantly obvious disregard for population control.

Comment

Thanks. Since many are Americans here, let's take a look at the US data granting it really is. Here's what I found.

"A person has a higher risk of suicide if their parent, close relative or close friend has taken their own life."

Found that here. I don't know if it's authentic though.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/sui_fact.htm
                Parents or relative, it may mean tagt it is in their genes?

A close friend, may mean he is his fellow emo?

Comment

Economic hardship increases the rate of suicide according to this article.

A recent report by the Royal College of Psychiatrists has noted "strong evidence of a link between economic hardship and suicide". In 2009 there was a 24% year-on-year increase in suicides in the Republic of Ireland, while the most recently available figures in the UK show that the beginning of the economic downturn in 2007-8 resulted in a 6% rise.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...e-suicide-rate

Comment

Animals also commit suicide.

Tarsiers have been known to intentionally injure or kill themselves due to unhappiness or stress of being in an enclosure. Because of this reason they are not in zoos. In captivity, the tarsier can be so extremely distressed it may die of psychological trauma and have even been reported to smash their heads against objects resulting in fatality.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_any_ani...commit_suicide

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                      All human beings know what survival means. It's in our DNA. Self preservation is the strongest of all motivating factors for human beings. People who commit suicide simply don't give a **** about such primitive desires for survival. They're fully aware of it, they just don't care anymore.

Which is why the decision to commit suicide is, in my eyes, a ballsy move. I might even argue a noble move given our own species' blatantly obvious disregard for population control.
                      Cobain comes to mind. He didn't care about such primitive desires bu he wished he had a happy family.

Economic hardship increases the rate of suicide according to this article.

A recent report by the Royal College of Psychiatrists has noted "strong evidence of a link between economic hardship and suicide". In 2009 there was a 24% year-on-year increase in suicides in the Republic of Ireland, while the most recently available figures in the UK show that the beginning of the economic downturn in 2007-8 resulted in a 6% rise.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...e-suicide-rate
                      I wonder why Pinoys have low rating on suicide.

Comment

Working...
                      X