Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Explains How Mayweather Hurts His Entire Stable, Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd like one of those wrestlers who refuse to put anybody over lol.

Comment

I don’t know

Yeah Mayweather wants to be the biggest fish in the pond and doesn’t want to pass the torch to the new generation of fighters. Can’t really blame him he hustled and marketed his a.ss off to be the face of the sport and the next face of the sport is going to have to earn it and rip it from Mayweather

As far as his fighters , I think Mayweather wants them to have his mentality as a fighter ( which is rare especially in today’s generation) and if he gives you a opportunity you better take it because if you don’t he doesn’t have time for you and you get put in the back of the line , he doesn’t have time to coddle and listen to excuses why you aren’t going to take a big fight when given a chance

Badou seems to get it and has been rewarded with big fights and given lots of opportunities , Fighters like Bey , Love and to some
      Extent Tank don’t get it and get the cold
      Shoulder.

Comment

Floyd "Diddy" Mayweather Jr.! Tank should be fighting 3X a year! No excuses! Badou Jack should be fighting more often too! Tabiti should've been in a last year's WBSS, and should have way more exposure! Floyd has to step up his game!

Comment

While everything Wilder said is true, the blame doesn't entirely rest on Mayweather. These reporters never ask him about his fighters or Mayweather Promotions they always ask him about questions about him, and Pacquiao and Canelo and Dela Hater etc etc.

Comment

I don't get why people would even trip about Wilder's criticism of Floyd...everybody knows Floyd is a hater..even people that run in his circle. It's pretty well documented. With Floyd it's always a "big me, little you" situation.

Comment

I think he is...just see what all these fighters who've been with him say e.g. Mickey Beys etc. Even Tank is not happy with the way his career is going, but they got him all tied up in contractual knots. Do you ever really see him making mega stars out of his fighters like GB, TR and MR have done with theirs. I don't see him attracting any upcoming stars either e.g. Shakur Stevenson etc.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                I don’t know

Yeah Mayweather wants to be the biggest fish in the pond and doesn’t want to pass the torch to the new generation of fighters. Can’t really blame him he hustled and marketed his a.ss off to be the face of the sport and the next face of the sport is going to have to earn it and rip it from Mayweather

As far as his fighters , I think Mayweather wants them to have his mentality as a fighter ( which is rare especially in today’s generation) and if he gives you a opportunity you better take it because if you don’t he doesn’t have time for you and you get put in the back of the line , he doesn’t have time to coddle and listen to excuses why you aren’t going to take a big fight when given a chance

Badou seems to get it and has been rewarded with big fights and given lots of opportunities , Fighters like Bey , Love and to some
                Extent Tank don’t get it and get the cold
                Shoulder.
                Does he promote Jack properly though. Is he maximizing his earning potential? Also, why is Floyd always the one exposing the negative aspects of his fighters. As promoter isn't he suppose to defend and promote their reputation?

Comment

The whole promotion of the Mayweather-McGregor fight gave a perfect illustration of where Floyd's priorities lie. He had an enormous audience, one ready to be spoon fed buckets of promotional slop about TMT fighters. What did Floyd do? Spent the entire time on promoting...himself. I don't think he mentioned Tank's name one time. Him and Oscar will bbth be out of the promotional game within five years once the money's gone and their names alone can no longer bring in any more big time backers. I hope the Mayweathers are able to keep the gym open, that does seem to be a positive that arose from Floyd donning the promotional hat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                    Does he promote Jack properly though. Is he maximizing his earning potential? Also, why is Floyd always the one exposing the negative aspects of his fighters. As promoter isn't he suppose to defend and promote their reputation?
                    He’s done wonders for Badous career

Badou was a fighter that was written off by everyone and I’m a fan but he has the personality of a tree there is really nothing you can do to make him a star , the only thing you can do is keep putting him in big fights and while he will never cross over hopefully his name has some buzz among boxing fans

Mayweathers influence certainly helped land him the Dirrell fight for the title and land the Stevenson fight

The Groves and Cleverly fights were on his PPvs

And he got a fight with Degeale

All good / big fights and I’m sure he got paid well , He probably got paid more and given more opportunities then if he was with any other Promoter in that 3 year span

Mayweather is going to make you earn your spot and Jack has been given the opportunities because he’s down to take the big fights when presented

If your a fighter like Bey or Love who turn down big fights when presented you get put on the shelf. Mayweather wants Fighters that we’re as hungry as he was

Comment

he saying this just because May thought he lost against Fury lets be real

Comment

Working...
                      X