No announcement yet.

Fighter X will "just walk right through" everything fighter Y throws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DionysusX View Post
    Dude, are you a legit f@g, or is it a persona?
    Hahaha....

Comment

Cotto handled Canelo's punches a lot better than I ever would have expected. So I can imagine GGG will be able to take Canelo's best punch. He's gonna be working behind his jab though. The Brook fight was pretty much him saying, "I don't respect this guy's power."

Comment

Canelo power is vastly overrated. Name me one elite fighter he's faced and actually even knocked down never mind knocked out. Khan is a China chin bum. Chavez is a iron chin bum, Cotto had been stopped previously and he couldn't hurt him at all. Old azz Mosley same.. Lara been knocked down and buzzed by other guys but not Canelo.. It goes on and on... If GGG feels he can walk through those shots then he will. Otherwise he will use the jab and cut the ring like he does against harder punchers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          Canelo power is vastly overrated. Name me one elite fighter he's faced and actually even knocked down never mind knocked out. Khan is a China chin bum. Chavez is a iron chin bum, Cotto had been stopped previously and he couldn't hurt him at all. Old azz Mosley same.. Lara been knocked down and buzzed by other guys but not Canelo.. It goes on and on... If GGG feels he can walk through those shots then he will. Otherwise he will use the jab and cut the ring like he does against harder punchers.
          ^^^

This is exactly what I am talking about. People think elite fighters are willing to walk through everything of an average accurate puncher of similar size, which almost never occurs. You say canelo has no power but zero of those guys you mentioned walked through his shots. Chavez iron chinned but afraid to throw anything and get countered?

Look at mayweather, he only had one real stoppage in like 10 years, but everyone threw less against him than they ever did in other fights because they didnt like getting countered.

Canelo is far too accurate for GGG to "walkthrough everything", he will have to box him and strategize.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
            I see this talked about all the time and its waaay over hyped. Fact is that its incredibly rare for a fighter to use that as a strategy or to be able to actually do it.

Chavez jr used to do it with lesser opponents but with better ones he cant take the accurate shots. Margo did it with cotto because he had to.

I see people saying GGG will just walk through everything canelo throws, which is ridiculous, they are only one division apart and that has never been GGG's style.

You even have a lot of fights, like maidana-floyd, where people like to think that this "walking through everything" occurred but they arent watching the damn fight, maidana had an awkward style and made floyd miss a ton and came back at him from odd angles. People confuse intelligent pressure with "Walking through everything"

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Didnt work too well next time.

Comment

Working...
              X