No announcement yet.

A newfound appreciation of the body punching skills of Andrew Golota

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
    Those used to be considered borderline shots. Not clean, but not flagrant fouls. Should be warned against if continued. That is if we played by the same rules we had for decades.

Now is the new era, though. Now those are clean, and punching the dick is borderline at worst.
    Why would he warn Ward for hitting where he said was ok before the fight?

Ward hit him there and he reacted like he was hit in the balls, which he wasn't.

Comment

the logic that ward did body work before punching Kov in the dick to stop the fight make no sense.

golota was rocking bowe way more than ward was doing to kov and he still got the dq.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Why would he warn Ward for hitting where he said was ok before the fight?

Ward hit him there and he reacted like he was hit in the balls, which he wasn't.
        Yoooo, low blows in the bladder count too.

Beltline yoooo.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
          You mean this lowblow where half his glove is clearly on the HUBLOT logo at 1:48 of Round 8:]
          Naw. I'm talking about this legal shot that Kovalev tried to fake like it was a lowblow

And this legal shot in the 7th that Kovalev tried to fake like it was a lowblow

Comment

Golota would be ashamed of Ward's low blows. He would show Ward the key to landing a well placed shot on the nads.

Sure both are low, but Golota wouldn't be caught dead firing the one on the left

Comment

Naw. I'm talking about this legal shot that Kovalev tried to fake like it was a lowblow

And this legal shot in the 7th that Kovalev tried to fake like it was a lowblow

But that legal shot at 1:46 came right after this illegal shot at 1:48
              I made the pic from the in stadium video. On the HBO it is from a different angle, but it is a left hand low blow at 1:48 of round 8.
              That is why Kovalev bent in pain, but Weeks did not count it and said to keep on fighting.

Comment

If only Golota had given Lennox the work downstairs, he could've change the course of heavyweight history. But he felt like headhunting that night.

Comment

Why was Kovalev trying to sell a low blow on clean punches to the body?
                  Good question.

Why was a guy who was in a close fight that was very winnable for him suddenly bending over and complaining about shots on and below the belt line?

Where on Kovalev's trunks would you personally call a legal blow?

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
                    Good question.

Why was a guy who was in a close fight that was very winnable for him suddenly bending over and complaining about shots on and below the belt line?

Where on Kovalev's trunks would you personally call a legal blow?
                    Shot at 1:48 of round 8. This is the angle from the in stadium video posted here. HBO has it from the side not very clear. it is after this shot and two more "borderline" body shots that Kovalev bent, but Weeks said to keep fighting.

Comment

You guys are so pathetic that I almost feel sorry for you. You all just cannot accept the fact that your hero is indeed a coward. Feigning low blows, in order to get a breather and get his opponent disqualified. He dropped to a new low in my judgement. I've lost all my respect for him as a result of his actions because it was so repugnant.

Comment

Working...
                      X