No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn confirms Brook v Spence PPV + Bramall Lane or O2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
    where are the gennady groupies that claim GG is why it was on ppv?
    It's more to do with Hearn and his fights being an event just like even the crap UFC PPV's are still on PPV and get a few hundred thousand buys because of the event more so than any particular fight. Hearn is boxing's Dana White and he's done a good job at sucking in casuals which is good for boxing. LacedUp happy as if he getting a cut lmfao, sad sad dude.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      its not free, skysports has a subscription lol

The next gen are going to be brought up fighting bums (as prospects are). Its not even worth watching tbh.

All the ppv events have largely been crap. I ron sky before the matchroom monopoly started. PPVs were largely reserved for genuine stars and big title fights. I disagree with that but at least there was a standard, now there is none.
      Which ones? Pretty much all of the Joshua cards have been stacked. Froch PPVs were awesome fights always, Brook PPVs were awesome.

Yes cleverly vs bellew was a stinkfest, but almost every other show has been excellent.

The joshua vs molina was so-so but still had one of the fights of the year on

Comment

Originally posted by AliBombaye View Post
        It's more to do with Hearn and his fights being an event just like even the crap UFC PPV's are still on PPV and get a few hundred thousand buys because of the event more so than any particular fight. Hearn is boxing's Dana White and he's done a good job at sucking in casuals which is good for boxing. LacedUp happy as if he getting a cut lmfao, sad sad dude.
        Shut your mouth you fuking minge. Regurgitate Khan's bs excuses some more.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          If Brook wins he should aim for the Garcia-Thurman winner.

Khan has blown it.
          Totally agree.

Khan has become yesterdays news and the fight just isn't as appealing as it was. Even if it was made, the build up has been so drawn out that it'll end up being just meh.

Probably exactly what Khan wanted so he can use that as another excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            where are the gennady groupies that claim GG is why it was on ppv?
            After the fight we'll hear that Spence was the draw And it was mostly Khanturds who claimed that.

Comment

I wish they would chill out with these stadium fights, i don't think the atmosphere comes across very well on television or live! Boxing seems to suit indoor arena's much better! it would be ideal if there was a mega indoor arena in London! A 50,000 indoor arena sounds just about right....

The only outdoor stadium fights on British soil, that had a immense atmosphere was? Frank Bruno vs Oliver Mccall & Frank Bruno vs Lennox Lewis! the Carl Froch vs George Groves fight was a very apathetic atmosphere! (What type of individuals buy tickets to sit right at the back of a 90,000 seater stadium? definitely not boxing fans!)...
              Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 02-22-2017, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Which ones? Pretty much all of the Joshua cards have been stacked. Froch PPVs were awesome fights always, Brook PPVs were awesome.

Yes cleverly vs bellew was a stinkfest, but almost every other show has been excellent.

The joshua vs molina was so-so but still had one of the fights of the year on
                Ok can you post all these stacked PPV cards?

Brook v GGG certainly wasnt stacked, some of those fights would have been undercards on the pre Eddie era Saturday fight nights lol

AJ v Martins had 2 decent fights on it...but the main event was not PPV worthy, let alone Macklin v Rose smh.

So lets see what you got since those two are the only ones I remember properly.

Comment

Brook v GGG certainly wasnt stacked, some of those fights would have been undercards on the pre Eddie era Saturday fight nights lol

AJ v Martins had 2 decent fights on it...but the main event was not PPV worthy, let alone Macklin v Rose smh.

So lets see what you got since those two are the only ones I remember properly.
                  Lol at pre-eddie era Should I run you through what was on PPV before Eddie came to Sky? It was absolutely horrendous for 10 years! All of the david haye, calzaghe, ricky hatton shows in the 00s. All of the undercards were completely crap. So what you're saying is just not true.

It was the Brezeale undercard I was so-so with. The Molina fight card was pretty awesome actually.

May 30th (I believe)
                  K Brook vs Gavin TITLE FIGHT
                  AJ vs Johnson
                  Lee Selby vs Gradovic TITLE FIGHT
                  Kevin Mitchell vs Linares (my fight of the year) TITLE FIGHT
                  Dave Ryan vs Wayne Hibbert (absolute fantastic fight)
                  And then Cardle and some other fights too

^one of the best fight shows from top to bottom I've ever seen.

December 15th

AJ vs Whyte
                  Eubank Jr vs Spike O'Sullivan
                  Bellew v Masternak
                  Mitchell vs that guy Crolla beat for the title (I believe this was the night, not entirely sure)
                  Luke Campbell against the guy he lost to

^Don't remember if there was any title fights here but it was a great fight card with 50/50 fights from top to bottom.

April 9th
                  Joshua vs Martin TITLE FIGHT
                  Groves vs Brophy
                  Lee Selby vs Hunter TITLE FIGHT
                  McDonnell TITLE FIGHT
                  Conor Benn debut

^ Not the greatest card, but a big headline fight which just ended early. A lot of people predicted otherwise. How can you say Anthony Joshua vs Martin isn't ppv worthy? Forget hindsight, at the time it was huge. With boxing fans and casual fans. CLEARLY a PPV fight.

June 26th
                  AJ vs Breazele TITLE FIGHT
                  Groves vs Murray
                  Eubank vs Doran
                  Conor benn
                  Kal Yafai
                  Ogogo
                  Dillian Whyte

September 10th

Brook vs Golovkin TITLE FIGHT
                  Haskins vs Hall TITLE FIGHT
                  Edwards vs Casimero TITLE FIGHT
                  Kid Galahad
                  Callum Smith
                  Paul Smith
                  Conor Benn

^Decent undercard, huge main event.

December 10th
                  AJ vs Molina TITLE FIGHT
                  Whyte vs Chisora (fight of the year)
                  Yafai vs Conception TITLE FIGHT
                  Buglioni vs Burton (fight of the year contender)
                  Luis Ortiz vs Dave Allen
                  Callum Smith
                  Scott Quigg
                  Katie Taylor
                  Marcus Morrison
                  Conor Benn

Imo these are all pretty great cards except for the July 26th one which was rather dull from top to buttom. Personally I'm stream team 4 life, but I wouldn't mind paying for these ones. I prefer 6 hours of top class boxing to one huge fight especially if that's a heavyweight fight.
                  Last edited by LacedUp; 02-22-2017, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    Lol at pre-eddie era Should I run you through what was on PPV before Eddie came to Sky? It was absolutely horrendous for 10 years! All of the david haye, calzaghe, ricky hatton shows in the 00s. All of the undercards were completely crap. So what you're saying is just not true.

It was the Brezeale undercard I was so-so with. The Molina fight card was pretty awesome actually.

May 30th (I believe)
                    K Brook vs Gavin TITLE FIGHT
                    AJ vs Johnson
                    Lee Selby vs Gradovic TITLE FIGHT
                    Kevin Mitchell vs Linares (my fight of the year) TITLE FIGHT
                    Dave Ryan vs Wayne Hibbert (absolute fantastic fight)
                    And then Cardle and some other fights too

^one of the best fight shows from top to bottom I've ever seen.

December 15th

AJ vs Whyte
                    Eubank Jr vs Spike O'Sullivan
                    Bellew v Masternak
                    Mitchell vs that guy Crolla beat for the title (I believe this was the night, not entirely sure)
                    Luke Campbell against the guy he lost to

^Don't remember if there was any title fights here but it was a great fight card with 50/50 fights from top to bottom.

April 9th
                    Joshua vs Martin TITLE FIGHT
                    Groves vs Brophy
                    Lee Selby vs Hunter TITLE FIGHT
                    McDonnell TITLE FIGHT
                    Conor Benn debut

^ Not the greatest card, but a big headline fight which just ended early. A lot of people predicted otherwise. How can you say Anthony Joshua vs Martin isn't ppv worthy? Forget hindsight, at the time it was huge. With boxing fans and casual fans. CLEARLY a PPV fight.

June 26th
                    AJ vs Breazele TITLE FIGHT
                    Groves vs Murray
                    Eubank vs Doran
                    Conor benn
                    Kal Yafai
                    Ogogo
                    Dillian Whyte

September 10th

Brook vs Golovkin TITLE FIGHT
                    Haskins vs Hall TITLE FIGHT
                    Edwards vs Casimero TITLE FIGHT
                    Kid Galahad
                    Callum Smith
                    Paul Smith
                    Conor Benn

^Decent undercard, huge main event.

December 10th
                    AJ vs Molina TITLE FIGHT
                    Whyte vs Chisora (fight of the year)
                    Yafai vs Conception TITLE FIGHT
                    Buglioni vs Burton (fight of the year contender)
                    Luis Ortiz vs Dave Allen
                    Callum Smith
                    Scott Quigg
                    Katie Taylor
                    Marcus Morrison
                    Conor Benn

Imo these are all pretty great cards except for the July 26th one which was rather dull from top to buttom. Personally I'm stream team 4 life, but I wouldn't mind paying for these ones. I prefer 6 hours of top class boxing to one huge fight especially if that's a heavyweight fight.
                    First off, I said Saturday fight night, never said anything about PPV. If you were an actual boxing fan and not some weird, free employee of Hearn who just promotesh is crap on here, you'd know what that was.

Second, none of those are stacked cards. Are you serious? Those used to be bog standard Saturday night cards. We used to get that sort of stuff a ocuple times a month. Throw in better fights on the Prizeifghter shows too lol

How is watching Kevin Mitchell or Eubank Jr fighting a random bum or Joshua fighting some random no name a PPV worthy show? It just isn't. You know it. PPV used to be reserved for the big names (Naz, Hatton, Calzaghe late in his career, Froch latei n his career, Khan and so on).

I'm supposedt o get excited for Lee freakin haskins and pay for it? gtfo

Im curious, why do you support Hearn even though what he has done has almost completely taken boxing off of Skysports?

Comment

First off, I said Saturday fight night, never said anything about PPV.
                      Eh, no you didn't.

If you were an actual boxing fan and not some weird, free employee of Hearn who just promotesh is crap on here, you'd know what that was
                      Aw, Khanturd getting his lil feelings hurt

Second, none of those are stacked cards. Are you serious? Those used to be bog standard Saturday night cards. We used to get that sort of stuff a ocuple times a month. Throw in better fights on the Prizeifghter shows too lol
                      STFU with that BS Do you even know what you're talking about? Show me one saturday night fight card with 3 world title fights + rest in the last 10 years.

How is watching Kevin Mitchell or Eubank Jr fighting a random bum or Joshua fighting some random no name a PPV worthy show? It just isn't. You know it. PPV used to be reserved for the big names (Naz, Hatton, Calzaghe late in his career, Froch latei n his career, Khan and so on).
                      Kevin Mitchell and CEjr didn't headline any of the PPV cards, so why are you mentioning that? They added some needed action to cards - which in the past has been completely neglected.

Ok - Calzaghe, Naz and Hatton never fought any bums on PPV? I remember when Hatton fought Malignaggi in the US and it was PPV ffs. Have you even seen any of the saturday night shows that Warren and those guys used to put on? Absolutely horrendous.

Bradley Pryce vs some random dude and then a couple of 6 rounders. In what world is that better than now?

Also, newsflash - Joshua is on the same level as those guys in popularity. You can hate it or love it, but it's the truth.

I'm supposedt o get excited for Lee freakin haskins and pay for it? gtfo

Im curious, why do you support Hearn even though what he has done has almost completely taken boxing off of Skysports?
                      Well no one is asking you to pay for that. But you're buying an event with 4-5 good fights on and a couple of big names.

With regards to boxing and sky, are you for real? They do 24 shows a year - that's double what they did just 3 years ago. how has he taken them off Skysports?

Comment

Working...
                      X