Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where has the Sparring Footage of Triple G vs Canelo Gone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://boxing-kingdom.blogspot.com/2...-who-wins.html

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      Why would someone write an article about the sparring video years after the article that the video is from was released?

Are there articles about the Mosley vs GGG sparring? Probably not. Because it was just sparring. Mosley got the better of the session, btw.

Maybe it was never on youtube, maybe I saw the video up in bigbear, but I swear I remember it. Canelo was in a green shirt. The video that I saw was only 2 or 3 rounds, not the full number they sparred.
      There is absolutely no evidence this video exists other than a few people saying they saw it. And none of the people claiming they saw this video can agree on when they saw it. One guy says last year, another says 3 years ago, another guy says 6 years ago. All conflicting stories and nobody can find an article or forum post about the video. Use common sense

Comment

That is the absolute worse twitter account! I've had to correct them on several occasions and so have many boxing fans and writers. But to the point of you posting that article. It's titled GGG/Canelo sparring video yet they reference eye witness accounts but never reference the video.

Canelo Alvarez vs GGG ‘Gennady Golovkin’ Sparring Video

As you probably know Canelo and GGG have sparred extensively in the past. A majority of this sparring was done in 2010 and 2011 throughout the West coast of the United States. Several of GGG's sparring partners who witnessed this, have often referred to the Middleweight superstar easily getting the better of this sparring and bashing Alvarez. This may well be true, but it’s important to recognize that Golovkin was closer to the finished product at the time and he was already a beast at the time. Canelo was still very raw at the time and he was only 21 years old. So basing the winner of this future mega fight on the results of these sparring sessions in my mind is totally inaccurate. At the time Golovkin also physically towered over Canelo. Since then the Mexican star has grown considerably and they are both close to the same size physically at the current time. Putting this into perspective the 2011 version of Canelo wouldn't last two rounds with the current version of Canelo.
        If they saw the video why would they reference eye witnesses instead of going off what they saw on the video? You people are easily fooled. And they didn't spar extensively in the past. And it wasn't through out the West Coast. smh that account is horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          That is the absolute worse twitter account! I've had to correct them on several occasions and so have many boxing fans and writers. But to the point of you posting that article. It's titled GGG/Canelo sparring video yet they reference eye witness accounts but never reference the video.
          Fooled? I'm not taking that writer's word for it; I saw the footage myself.

In any case, the writer appears to concur with eyewitness accounts, presumably due to the video (since that's the title.) You asked for an article, and there it is. I can't do anything about whether you find it believable or not. So far, I've given you everything you've asked for.

The fact of the matter is that without a video there's no way to definitively prove or disprove anything.

I plan to think for a while, and see if there's something I can come up with to track that video down. That's how I bumped into the article, actually.

Apparently, searching for archives doesn't work with YouTube, and the site itself claims deletions are permanent. Still, I find it hard to believe no one saved this for themselves.

The only thing standing out so far is that pages featuring a round by round analysis by a journalist were down, which I found odd.

I haven't truly sat down and tried hard enough yet, though, so we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
            Seriously? I'm supposed to have stopped posting in this place, but I'm not sure I can stand the lack of info here. There was footage, on YouTube.

Did no one on here view it, for real? Or are you all joking around?

Both the Chavez/GGG and the Canelo/GGG sparring sessions were on YouTube for at least a year. Actually, I'm surprised no one saved them, if they were indeed taken down.

I suspected this much would happen, eventually, but I never imagined that not one person would take the time to at least save it. O_O

The fighter I root for is Cotto, so I never bothered, personally.

Anyway, if this isn't some big trolling joke or something, I'll give you all a brief overview, from what I remember:

The Chavez/GGG session was mostly controlled by GGG, in what I would consider dominating fashion. It wasn't anything out of this world, but GGG was in a clear lead.

As for Canelo/GGG, the fight was more even, at least compared to Chavez, but GGG still got the better of it. Nothing dramatic, really, either.

At the end of the day, it's merely sparring, and a lot of time has passed since, but the takeaway here is that GGG got the better of them.

BTW, I don't root for GGG, and I disagree with people who say Cotto ducked him. I still believe Cotto beats GGG, so that'll tell you how much I care about making GGG look good. The man has fought no one, whether it's his fault or not. And no way would anyone, let alone Cotto, turn down 30 million dollars to make the biggest fight in boxing just to fight GGG instead.

Canelo ducked but not Cotto. Cotto simply wanted the biggest fight in boxing, and that wasn't GGG.

It's clear that with the drama going on between Canelo/GGG, Golden Boy found a way to convince the uploader to get rid of it, but I'm astonished that NO ONE here saw it. O_O

I thought those sparring sessions were pretty much common knowledge that everyone ignored because of the time passed since.
            I am going to put myself out there to be insulted because this person and others are not in any way lying or crazy and I feel bad for them.

The footage used to be really easy to find and I noticed a year or maybe longer ago while trying to show the footage to my Fiance, saying "If it never happens you can at'least sorta see a sample" or some **** like that only to look, look and look before the thought crossed me that the video had been purged from almost anywhere(that I could find) online.. from what I remember Golovkin was handling a decent Canelo, but I do not remember if I could even visibly see through the ****ty footage to tell if Saul was ever visibly stunned but it has been a long while.

Anyways to me this fight comes down to movement and I don't think Saul has the movement to get away and present Gennady problems(though maybe his hand speed can cause some fits), he and Jacobs are far apart in that department, I was also at MSG for the Golovkin Jacobs bout, good times.

Comment

Canelo-GGG video doesn't exist. Someone would've posted it on here or ESB all the years I've been posting online but no one did, because it doesn't exist.

I can't even find a thread about someone discussing the video.
              Last edited by Golden Boi 360; 05-15-2017, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Back in the day i was sure that i saw Harry Greb footage, seriously.

Comment

Working...
                X