Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOW!!! Evander Holyfield says Bowe and Tyson were afraid of Lennox Lewis! MUST SEE!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
    I also think bowe may have beaten lewis back when they were supposed to fight. bowe was more technically sound at that point. lewis got much better tho under steward and that lewis would have beat bowe imo. anyway,,,,bowe did duck the fight so he must have not been too confident in winning so who knows for sure
    Lewis schooled him in the Olympic Final.

I'd put that ahead of your conjecture.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
      Lewis schooled him in the Olympic Final.

I'd put that ahead of your conjecture.
      jorge loius gonzalez also beat bowe in the ams. bobick beat holmes badly etc. it doesnt mean squat

Comment

Neither wanted to fight him. Bowe got bad advice dumping WBC belt. Rock newman made lots of money off bowe...

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
          jorge loius gonzalez also beat bowe in the ams. bobick beat holmes badly etc. it doesnt mean squat
          while amateur or teenage wins over fighters who later gained fame (IE. Pryor/Hearns) shouldn't be taken that seriously as who would win now, Bowe may have still feared him.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            Neither wanted to fight him. Bowe got bad advice dumping WBC belt. Rock newman made lots of money off bowe...
            yea rock newman steered bowe clear of the biggest punchers in the heavyweight division throughout bowe's career. bowe was labeled as having a suspect chin coming out of the ams and rock newman was concerned about it or so it seemed

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
              while amateur or teenage wins over fighters who later gained fame (IE. Pryor/Hearns) shouldn't be taken that seriously as who would win now, Bowe may have still feared him.
              yea,,,,I stated that bowe may have not had much confidence in beating lewis and that the lewis under steward probably beats bowe but some of lewis's nuthuggers seem to take the slightest bit of negativity personal

Comment

Good video...

Comment

Bowe was definitely shook but I'm not so sure about Tyson. The problem in the mid 90s was the money involved in Tyson fighting bums on PPV and of course the 2 big Holyfield fights, which also signaled the end of his career for a while. He had to come to europe looking for a paycheck.

By the time things settled, Lewis was the man and Tyson was a shot to **** fighter.

Comment

Working...
                  X