No announcement yet.

Church To Pacquiao: Be Like Tim Tebow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Church To Pacquiao: Be Like Tim Tebow

Manny Pacquiao might get his chance to knock out Floyd Mayweather, but apparently religious leaders in the Philippines would rather him go toe-to-toe with Tim Tebow.

"Tim Tebow became very popular by promoting the word of God," Bishop Pablo Virgilio David, who presides over the Catholic Bishops' Conference of the Philippines' (CBCP) bible ministry, told Agence France-Presse. "Some have referred to Manny Pacquiao as the Tim Tebow of the Philippines."

Church leaders asked Pacquiao become a "Bible ambassador" to help promote reading of the Bible of among Catholics. The boxing superstar regularly credits God for helping him succeed, and wears a rosary around his neck before and after his fights, according to the AFP.

In mid-January, Pacquiao told a TV station in the Philippines that he decided to renew his faith and had given up vices such as gambling and womanizing following an "encounter with God" during a dream.

AFP reports that during the dream, Pacquiao found himself deep inside a forest, where a voice from a shining bright light asked Pacquiao why he was going away from Him.

"I woke up crying. I remember I was crying in my dream and when I touched my pillow, it was wet," Pacquiao said. "If I had died last year or in the last two years, I'm sure I would have gone straight to hell. My faith in Him was there, 100 per cent, but behind it, after prayers, I would still do evil things."

Although Pacquiao, 32, spends more time studying the Bible these days, he didn't agree to team up with the Catholic Church in the Philippines.

"We asked him to partner with us in promoting the reading of the Bible among Catholics," Bishop David told reporters. "We told him: 'You would be a big help to us brother Manny', but he has not pledged his partnership yet."
    http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish...ar-asked-tebow

phuck da donkeys

Comment

So when is the Gospel church going to encourage Floyd to be more like Tebow?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
          So when is the Gospel church going to encourage Floyd to be more like Tebow?
          bossing can you do do this for boxingscene? we need words of teh lord around here. guidance and *****.

Comment

Why would he do all that?

Pac IS God.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
              bossing can you do do this for boxingscene? we need words of teh lord around here. guidance and *****.
              That's Squealpiggy's job.

Comment

tim tebow is a true filipino hero.

best filipino quarterback in nfl history.

pacquiao is at best 4th best filipino boxer in history. behind elorde , guilledo and viloria.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootneck View Post
                  tim tebow is a true filipino hero.

best filipino quarterback in nfl history
                  I DON'T THINK SO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Gabriel

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
                    from the 60's.

that shit , like boston celtics crap titles , don't count.

their linemen were like the size of receivers nowadays and their receivers are probably slower than linebackers nowadays.

besides tim tebow will outdo all his pro bowl appearances and achievements when all is said and done.

i see tebow with no less than 5 mvp's and 5 super bowl trophies.

Comment

Working...
                    X