Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tony Thompson has issued a press release clamoring for a rematch.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
    I agree with this^^^

Maybe Tony can fight Peter or Arreola and than earn a shot against Vitali?
    Thompson-Arreola would make a lot of sense, and it would be easy to make since they have the same promoter.

If Thompson wins, he could have a shot at Vitali, and if Arreola wins he could have a shot at Wlad.

Comment

In THIS specific situation......if Boytsov doesn't have the courage to step up.....Tony is actually the next best fight.....

Tua? Tua-Barrett II....

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
        Thompson has given Wladimir his hardest fight since the first Sam Peter fight.

FACT.

Anyone who would rather see Wlad beat up a totally shot Tua is just not into competitive fights.
        you said it...

Comment

Lets put it this way: what has Sam Peter done? Kevin Johnson? Shannon Briggs? Hasim Rahman?

Kevin Johnson: beat a bunch of no namers and an old Terry Smith
          Hasim Rahman: beat Zuri Lawrence and got a NC against Toney(big deal)
          Shannon Briggs: Beat 3 bums that suck
          Sam Peter: Is Nagi Aguilara really any better than Beck or Witherspoon? I think not.

now, in particular, why was the Peter rematch acceptable? because Wladimir had trouble with him in the past.

Thompson is the only one to give Wladimir trouble since Wlad became champion.

he deserves a title shot just as much or more than many others who have gotten one lately.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
            Lets put it this way: what has Sam Peter done? Kevin Johnson? Shannon Briggs? Hasim Rahman?

Kevin Johnson: beat a bunch of no namers and an old Terry Smith
            Hasim Rahman: beat Zuri Lawrence and got a NC against Toney(big deal)
            Shannon Briggs: Beat 3 bums that suck
            Sam Peter: Is Nagi Aguilara really any better than Beck or Witherspoon? I think not.

now, in particular, why was the Peter rematch acceptable? because Wladimir had trouble with him in the past.

Thompson is the only one to give Wladimir trouble since Wlad became champion.

he deserves a title shot just as much or more than many others who have gotten one lately.
            Thompson put up a decent fight, but never gave him any real trouble. Wlad was never down, nor hurt at all.

Thompson was KOed, actually counted out. It was more decisive than Peter-Wlad I.

It would make no sense for Wlad to rematch Chambers, Chagaev or Peter again now either. A stoppage is a decisive win, especially a KO where the opponent is counted out.

Comment

Working...
            X