• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• match maker

pick the next 3 fights for you 3 favourite aussie boxers

katsidis
    1. campbell - got a bit of a rep in the states. decent exposure
    2. guzman - good fighter, highly rated.. might be too small for kat
    3. diaz - definite FOTY candidate here. two of the young lightweights going at it

mundine
    1. hamdan - good local stoush no real risk
    2. lacy - over hyped yank would get him a bit of publicity
    3. kessler - hopefully kess has beaten calzag by then and mundine who i give almost a 50 / 50 chance can make a mark internationally

briggs
    1. garay - good hard match up. will see if briggs still has it
    2. stipe drews - murdered him the first time. best shot at a world title that he deserves
    3. retire? or a big money fight with a yank. not dawson please.

kat v guzman (wanna see that little **** get beaten up)

the man v lacy (make the hype man quit)

briggs v drews (will wipe the floor with him and gain a paper title)

Comment

I'd buy it. Katsidis vs Campbell, good idea.

Comment

Katsidas VS Diaz after the scheduled warm-up.
        Katsidas needs some rounds in the bank before taking on the likes of Guzman.
        The Diaz fight should be a great fight & give Katsidas some much needed top level experience. Fights a toss-up in my book.

Briggs VS Glen Johnson
        - Classic matchup. Briggs deserves the paper title from Drews, but this would be a hell of a fight.

Mundine VS Calzaghe
        - Put up or shut up for Mundine. Guy's so impressive in some fights, loads of talent, but every time he steps up to the plate against a really major international opponent he falls short.
        Apparently the Calzaghe bout was offered previously & Mundine knocked it back because he doesn't want to travel. Is Mundine more than a talented regional fighter with a big mouth? Prove it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by macman View Post
          The Diaz fight should be a great fight & give Katsidas some much needed top level experience. Fights a toss-up in my book.

Briggs VS Glen Johnson
          - Classic matchup. Briggs deserves the paper title from Drews, but this would be a hell of a fight.

Mundine VS Calzaghe
          - Put up or shut up for Mundine. Guy's so impressive in some fights, loads of talent, but every time he steps up to the plate against a really major international opponent he falls short.
          Apparently the Calzaghe bout was offered previously & Mundine knocked it back because he doesn't want to travel. Is Mundine more than a talented regional fighter with a big mouth? Prove it!!!
          It's so true that it's painful sometimes. Good Post.

Comment

Originally posted by macman View Post

Briggs VS Glen Johnson

Mundine VS Calzaghe
            Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
            It's so true that it's painful sometimes. Good Post.

i thought both of you would know that it's been made public that no such offer was made. warren was talking **** as usual saying he offered the fight

Comment

i dont think i made this thread very clear.. i wanted everyone to pick THEIR three fights for THEIR three favourite fighters..

that list was mine..

macman you give katsidis more of a chance against diaz than guzman?

Comment

Yeah - Guzman is slicker, with more top level experience. He's the guy who can box more if it's needed (although he didn't against Barrios), & handspeed is superb.

Diaz is a straight ahead pressure fighter/brawler with solid skills - gives Katsidas more chances to land big, & think Katsidas has the solid edge in handspeed in that one. Diaz has a good edge in experience though.

Be a great fight.

Comment

i like both fights... but im more in favour of guzman.. i think moving up a weight.. and to a guy who hits well out of his weight division guzman would be in deep trouble.. although clearly the better 'boxer'

i would LOVE to see diaz v katsidis.. they'd just slug it out.. i wonder if rocky could take the sustained aggression and body attack.. alot of people whose opinions i respect rate diaz really highly. i havent seen alot of him myself.

Comment

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post
                    i dont think i made this thread very clear.. i wanted everyone to pick THEIR three fights for THEIR three favourite fighters..

that list was mine..

macman you give katsidis more of a chance against diaz than guzman?
                    katsidis vs. Diaz: Katsidis will hurt that soft fat Mummies boy.

Morales vs. Freitas: El terrible will make this ***** quit.

Barerra vs. Pac: This all time great will be on his game 2nd time around. Well I live in hope.

Why is Mundine one of your Favourite fighters?

Comment

Working...
                    X