No announcement yet.

So far no one has been able to back GGG off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by War Mayweather View Post

To be fair Canelo was just defending the whole time and not returning fire in the first gif which therefore means GGG is winning. Also GGG was mostly throwing arm punch and pawing so he wasn't really getting tired or anything from them.

Also in the second gif Canelo missed all those punches and ggg went back to moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by muslimer12 View Post
      To be fair Canelo was just defending the whole time and not returning fire in the first gif which therefore means GGG is winning. Also GGG was mostly throwing arm punch and pawing so he wasn't really getting tired or anything from them.

Also in the second gif Canelo missed all those punches and ggg went back to moving forward.
      Lol all he could find is a 5 second gif of ggg taking a step back.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
        I was about to say the same thing but he still won't be able to see it.
        Canelo lost and fought horrible. Not that ggg was much better though. Jacobs beat ggg in close competitive fight same way ggg just beat canelo. Unbiased true boxing fans like me see it others don't

Comment

https://youtu.be/MCCZOnDjMiY?t=153

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
            Funny how in those gifs posted above, Golovkin still has the control over the center of the ring = superior ring generalship. So Golovkin moving backwards isn't the same as Canelo moving backwards. Canelo Alvarez spends over 50% of the fight on his back foot and closer to the ring. Golovkin spends merely a few seconds every round closer to the ropes than Canelo Alvarez. For the most part, Golovkin is further away from the ropes than Canelo and subsequently has greater control over the center of the ring.
            Canelo went to the ropes on purpose alot of times..some fighters love to be on the ropes and it is apart of their game plan

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
              Canelo went to the ropes on purpose alot of times..some fighters love to be on the ropes and it is apart of their game plan
              Lol....... And GGG let's opponents hit him on purpose

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                Canelo lost and fought horrible. Not that ggg was much better though. Jacobs beat ggg in close competitive fight same way ggg just beat canelo. Unbiased true boxing fans like me see it others don't
                I agree. There's too much hero worship to be fair. I'm not a fan of Golovkin but I have to be fair. He beat Canelo. At the same time, I believe he lost to Jacobs. It's funny how the same ones crying foul with the Canelo results are quick to tell you Golovkin beat Jacobs.
                Last edited by HarvardBlue; 09-21-2017, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                  But when you go to the ropes often it counts against you because you are in a submissive posture. The fighter has to do something to counteract that. He has to land meaningful punches hard punches. Canelo didn't do enough on the ropes to make up for it. It may be part of his strategy but in this case it was stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    But when you go to the ropes often it counts against you because you are in a submissive posture. The fighter has to do something to counteract that. He has to land meaningful punches hard punches. Canelo didn't do enough on the ropes to make up for it. It may be part of his strategy but in this case it was stupid.
                    I agree and I think Canelo would have been more successful if he did more when he was laying on the ropes. Problem was that Golovkin wasn't hurt by Canelo's counterpunching and Canelo couldn't get off enough due to the pressure which led to his fatigue. Both guys are great fighters and good for the sport. Looking forward to the rematch and for adjustments each make based off the first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by War Mayweather View Post

Id hit triple trick. In his chest Break his back

Comment

Working...
                      X