Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev on Rematch Status: Nothing But Silence From Andre Ward!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
    I've never seen anything like this, where even a contractual obligation doesn't stop a guy from ducking. Unbelievable.
    Ward does have a history of going to the courts to get out of contracts; and I don't think his talk of retirement is simply a ruse to get more money for the next fight. So I wouldn't be surprised if he enters another period of inactivity... or retires altogether. But the rematch clause has a deadline of some sort? And what is the penalty for not abiding by it?

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
      He has the best resume of this generation, so no...I'm not trolling. Andre Ward is the new tbe.
      To be honest. I can't really blame u . If u check my pre-fight prediction I thought Ward would beat Kovalev . I heard respected trainers talking about how Ward wasn't ready for Kov. But I didn't see it . It was While watching the fight that I started to understand what they were talking about and I realised that Ward wasn't as Great as "I" thought he was . So to label him as " The Best EVER " of this generation just doesn't make sense to ME ( and obviously countless others ) .

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Who is that guy that kept telling me Sergey was contractually bound to fight Ward next???? I kept telling him Ward is the one contractually bound to fight Kovalev next and Kovalev can take another fight if Ward isn't ready for the rematch.
        Does anyone know if this is the actual contractual terms of a rematch?

Ward is bound yet Kovalev isnt? So it was a "winner must rematch" type clause?

Thanks.

Comment

How about you go after the WBC mando Krusher ? Beterbiev would also be happy to sign you up ...

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
            Does anyone know if this is the actual contractual terms of a rematch?

Ward is bound yet Kovalev isnt? So it was a "winner must rematch" type clause?

Thanks.
            Kov was the champ , almost all champs have a mandatory rematch clause it's rare for a challenger.

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
              How about you go after the WBC mando Krusher ? Beterbiev would also be happy to sign you up ...
              Kov is a much different fighter from amateurs , hell even from eirlier in his career beterbiev is still green and has flaws where he leaves himself open to be hit after throwing power shots, kov would exploit him from a distance and put him down.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                Kov is a much different fighter from amateurs , hell even from eirlier in his career beterbiev is still green and has flaws where he leaves himself open to be hit after throwing power shots, kov would exploit him from a distance and put him down.
                I think the exact opposite... I think Beterbiev inside game would hurt Kovalev bad... Beterbiev doesn't need distance to apply tremendous power as opposed to Kovalev...I also think Beterbiev technique is more composed and is highly underrated because so far he has been on the attack side ... Only thing that would be in favor of Kovalev is his jab...

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                  Ward is a very likeable, charismatic guy much, much more than people give him credit for.
                  I bet you suck dicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                    Got dang, look at Ward's forehead in that pic! Could land a C-17 on that thing

BWaHaahaHA!!

Comment

Originally posted by THC View Post
                      Ward does have a history of going to the courts to get out of contracts; and I don't think his talk of retirement is simply a ruse to get more money for the next fight. So I wouldn't be surprised if he enters another period of inactivity... or retires altogether. But the rematch clause has a deadline of some sort? And what is the penalty for not abiding by it?
                      No - there is no deadline. Ward either has to fight Kovalev next, or not fight at all (UNLESS Kovalev's team gives him permission, and a cut of the dough most likely.)

If Ward tries to fight again without either legally getting out of the clause through the courts, all Duva has to do is get an injunction preventing the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X