Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Atlas on Getting Back in The Training Mix With Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teddy is the most egotistical trainer alive. He ruins fighters because he always comes first before the fighter. Just ask Povetkin. He's as decent a person as they come and Teddy abandoned him.

I feel sorry for bigtime Bradley fans. Teddy is not the guy to make him #1 P4P.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      I just want Bradley to fight smart and play to his strengths.
      Yeah. He seemed to have turned into a brawler in recent years, which is a strange choice because he has little power and he is a fine boxer.

He needs to fight the same way he fought JMM, then he's a handful for anybody.

Maybe he was trying to be more exciting and gain fans but if he wants success in the ring then he needs to get back to boxing. He's tough as hell but brawling isn't his strength.

Comment

Teddy really hasn't trained anyone all hot air

Teddy Atlas talks like Teddy has developed many fighters but truth be told Teddy actually has done nothing but talk big and train nothing. Teddy is the most over hyped fake trainer in boxing history. What Atlas spent some time with Moorer who got KO'd by Old Foreman and did a few months with Povetkin. Big deal. Teddy Atlas is all hot air a windbag and a self back patting over inflated nothing as a trainer of no one. Teddy's claim for notoriety in boxing is threatening to kill Mike Tyson and getting fired from Cus fight camp in the Catskills. Teddy is a bag of hot air rectum gas belching fake claims to fame as a nothing trainer or no one. Just a big mouth with delusions is Atlas.

Comment

Teddy did a great job with Mike and he followed Cus's pattern to the letter.
          He is a very regimental guy and that works well with kids who need discipline not doesn't work well with adults.
          As for Moore being stopped Teddy told him all night long to keep stepping and not to stand in front of George, he didn't listen!

I got Cus permission to use his own trainer in the corner at the Olympic Training center, it was Teddy. I worked the corners vwith Teddy the first year Mike won the right to compete on the Region One team (I coached)
          up until then no competitors trainers could be in the corners.
          Cus told the commitee he wanted Mike to compete but he wanter Teddy & me
          in the corner no one else. They caved in and allowed it.
          Mikes early J.O. years were very instrumental in developing his methodology
          the Junior Plympic program was the most important process in all the fighters from America from 1960 forward. The end of the AAU days welcomed the USA/ABF federation and thats when the junior amateurs took off.
          Leonar, Hearns, Prior, Howard, Spinks, Whitaker etc ...... then all the other era fighters that followed were blessed by the J.O. program.
          When you box over a 100 bouts before your 16 yrs old your pretty much a seasoned young boxer.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            I just want Bradley to fight smart and play to his strengths.
            Absolutely! Also, I'm sure that Teddy will add a couple of things, eliminate a few others, just tweak things a little..... Bradley is a well-rounded fighter already. But Atlas is old school, more than just a trainer, he will sit down with Tim and talk to him.

Comment

Originally posted by FloydvsPac View Post
              Teddy is the most egotistical trainer alive. He ruins fighters because he always comes first before the fighter. Just ask Povetkin. He's as decent a person as they come and Teddy abandoned him.

I feel sorry for bigtime Bradley fans. Teddy is not the guy to make him #1 P4P.
              thats not what happened

Comment

Cus D'Amato and Mike Tyson's hard work and knowledge gave this guy an entire career because he's never trained anybody that did anything that wasn't already made when he got them. Stick to commentating TURDY where you can run your rude mouth and nobody cares enough to argue. Dick head.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  Teddy did a great job with Mike and he followed Cus's pattern to the letter.
                  He is a very regimental guy and that works well with kids who need discipline not doesn't work well with adults.
                  As for Moore being stopped Teddy told him all night long to keep stepping and not to stand in front of George, he didn't listen!

I got Cus permission to use his own trainer in the corner at the Olympic Training center, it was Teddy. I worked the corners vwith Teddy the first year Mike won the right to compete on the Region One team (I coached)
                  up until then no competitors trainers could be in the corners.
                  Cus told the commitee he wanted Mike to compete but he wanter Teddy & me
                  in the corner no one else. They caved in and allowed it.
                  Mikes early J.O. years were very instrumental in developing his methodology
                  the Junior Plympic program was the most important process in all the fighters from America from 1960 forward. The end of the AAU days welcomed the USA/ABF federation and thats when the junior amateurs took off.
                  Leonar, Hearns, Prior, Howard, Spinks, Whitaker etc ...... then all the other era fighters that followed were blessed by the J.O. program.
                  When you box over a 100 bouts before your 16 yrs old your pretty much a seasoned young boxer.

Ray
                  Great post Ray. I always love your stories.

Comment

I'm sort of excited to see Atlas and Bradley

It could turn out great, Atlas is passionate about the sport and Bradley is one of the hardest workers in the sport.

Comment

Working...
                    X