Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd were to ever get knocked out how would it compare to RJJ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd is more like a hopkins or toney.....He will get old and still be hard to hit.
    Plus Floyd has a better chin and much more careful than roy Jones.

Roy did things that I,ve never seen before and I knew one day he would slow down and be much more easy to hit.
    Once that happened.......we found out Jones had no chin.

Also roy was fighting bigger dudes who punch harder than the guys at the lower weights.

There are no guys in the lower weights punching harder than a tarver.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Can Cotto do it?

Jones-Tarver I was in May, Tarver was the underdog, 2 losses on his record. Roy was superman, undefeated, couldn't be beat by no one. They were the same age, Jones was a champion in 4 weight classes already an ATG.

Mayweather-Cotto will be in May, Cotto is the underdog, with 2 losses on his record. Mayweather is unbeatable, undefeated, champion in 5 weight classes, already know as an ATG. Floyd is about 4 years older than Cotto.

Will it happen? OMG...bunch of similarities here, it's scary.

Style-wise, it ain't even close. Floyd shouldn't get caught like that, and never fights with his hands that low.
      Spooooooky

Comment

Roy Jones ko by Tarver was a TRUE omg moment even floyd being ko'd wouldnt measure to the shock of Jones

Comment

No , But if Cotto & Martinez do it back to back yes

Comment

I dont see it happening if anything i see him losing on the score cards, but if he did it wouldn't hurt me as much as seeing Roy get KO'd.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
              depends on who it is that KO'd him
              if it's an elite fighter, no big surprise, Floyd is vulnerable
              if he got iced by a lesser guy, it's a shocker
              If Floyd is vulnerable then I think everybody else is brain damage waiting to happen!

Haters would rejoice if Floyd got KO'd, I would expect to see a clear fall off performance first a la Jones v Tarver I.

Comment

Roy Jones and Floyd Mayweather is by far the worse comparisons I see people try to make especially when talking about Mayweather getting older and slowing down

Roy Jones while maybe more athletic then Mayweather in his Prime, he was never as SKILLED as Mayweather nor was he as smart or clever in the ring, Roy got by PURELY BY HIS ATHLETICISM, Mayweather style is not just all reflex and speed, it is more so about OUT THINKING HIS OPPONENTS at this point in his career and making them pay for every mistake they make

Casual/Younger Fans are the ones that put a lot into POWER AND SPEED because they really don't have a true understanding of boxing, they think who ever has the most Power and Speed..."WILL WIN"

so it is a great Chance you will never see Mayweather get Knocked Out during his career, just like B-Hop, just like JMM because those guys are very clever fighters and they are very SMART, they don't just depend on NATURAL ABILITIES, they can find ways to beat you in MULTIPLE WAYS, compared to so many of these overrated younger fighters today who are all just living off of Speed and Power...Andre Ward is the only younger fighter that I see that will be that next GREAT, while many will label him boring, Ward with his style will be around for a VERY LONG TIME and he will dominate what ever division he is in (168, 175) with that style because he is a MASTER CHESS PLAYER when it comes to Boxing similar to a Mayweather

PPV Numbers does not make you a "GREAT FIGHTER" what you do in that RING is what makes you a great fighter!
                Last edited by sicko; 02-07-2012, 07:40 PM.

Comment

I was stunned when Roy got ko'd, Floyd I don't care about so much nor does he seem as invincible as Roy did back then.

Comment

While by and large floyd wins his fights comfortably enough, Roy's dominance was on a different level. Up to the first tarver fight he completely dominated every single fighter he ever fought (save hopkins) in every single department. He seemed to be better on the inside, better on the outside, better defence, better offense, everything. But despite all that he was still more vulnerable than floyd simply because he was so gifted with natural speed and reflexes that he never had to worry too much about technique so when he got a bit older and the reflexes slowed a little he was in trouble. I think floyd getting outworked by a younger up and coming guy on the way to a decision loss is probably a more likely scenario than him being ko'ed but then again who knows, I don't think his defense is completely water tight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      When are shots not "purposely" thrown?

Do you throw punches by mistake?
                      Bro. you are saying that Floyd wouldnt get knocked out like Roy Jones but if he did, he would get knocked out like Roy Jones. Make up you mind on what you are saying

Comment

Working...
                      X