No announcement yet.

Ernie Terrell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ernie Terrell

Can someone educate me on this guy? He was a champion for a while, then he lost to Ali in Ali's second to last fight before going away. He was a very big guy for that era, 6'6. Not a great puncher it seems, judging by his record. His most famous knockout win is over Bob Foster, which says enuff. Second most famous was Jose Luis Garcia, a contender who stopped Ken Norton in their first fight. Other than that, Folley, Cleveland Williams, Machen, Chuvalo and Doug Jones are his best wins.

A best way to describe him. He was one of those people who was never great but, looks really good when resume building.

Comment

I remember Terrell. He was very tall for that era and had a pretty good jab. Other than that he was just another heavyweight contender, and a boring one at that.

Comment

Never saw the Terrell vs Chuvalo fight but I beleive it was a fixed fight from what I have heard. Chuvalo's manger was threatend and told he would end up in a cement box in the bottom of lake Ontario if Chuvalo won the fight. Bernie Glickman tryed the same thing with Ali's manager and Glickman was later straightend out by some black Muslims who put him in a hospital and a mental institution. Thats how the first Chuvalo vs Ali fight was made.
        Last edited by Holtol; 05-24-2011, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X