No announcement yet.

Jesse Williams Powerful BET speech and Viacom's race to erase it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    There are conscious blacks that speak on white systemic racism and black on black violence. Unfortunately, they're not given a microphone or platform by main stream media.

There's a serious dichotomy with white society's expectations for black america in this country. Let me give you a glimpse of the dichotomy I talk about.

Let's say I'm a community organizer and I believe in Malcolm X's theory of black America should be completely self sufficient and build their own business community, keep their money spent internally before leaving black neighborhoods and not rely on government assistance, lock up black criminals that keep black neighborhoods operating in fear and don't understand the culture of business or those Black Americans seeking to deter a positively growing community, etc, etc. Said community organizer would be labeled a militant, racist black person who only cares about uplifting his people out of the mess they're in and doesn't care about whites, hispanics, gays, lesbians, etc.

But on the other side, if you have a black person who ensures his community is kept impoverished, crime ridden and is essentially a cancer to the black community and white society, he's labeled a thug, criminal, etc.

Now my question to you is why such a distinct dichotomy in expectations on Black America where the end game is both scenarios are attacked?

On one hand you have a black community activist that preaches non violence unless protecting one's amendment rights, self sufficiency, academic competitiveness, ect... Oh no, he's labeled a racist, radical, afro-centric black person that preaches hate and separation.

But on the other hand, you have a black person that wants to sit around all day and terrorize the community or do anything else one can depict to be destructive in nature gets labeled a welfare being thug.

Sounds like a lose-lose situation that's setup for a certain party to lose regardless of what they do.
    There's a counter argument to BLM and other activists' charge, that blacks are unfairly targeted because of their race. The argument basically states (and is supported by stats) that blacks are more likely to carry out violent crimes than other racial groups and thus more confrontations with police. When you have more confrontations then the rate of police shootings is in direct correlation and the vicious cycle just keeps going. It's the accusation of this concerted effort of racism that may or may not fit the reality on the ground. Couple that with racist comments by leaders of the BLM movement and you can see why they are perceived as being racist against white people and their motives are naturally questioned.

Also, I agree with point about activist that speak out against black-on-black violence; they are definitely out there but are drowned out by the BLM people. I just think that they would do their cause a huge benefit if they focused on the problems within the Afro American communities and not just focus on this perceived notion of "white racism." It alienates guys like myself who are not racist in the least but are vilinized by this group

Comment

These liberal celebrities like to talk a lot while being safe in there protected sheltered mansions. They keep advocating for change and telling the public who to vote for but change still never happened. Obama was suppose to make change where is it? Same problems ghettos also had didn't go away. Protesting on the same issues and nothings changed. Nothing will change if you don't address the real issues and not talk about one side of the problem like cops and not the other side. But being pc and a SJW,BLM,feminist is whats in, so if you don't agree with them they scream and call you a "RACIST"!

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
        These liberal celebrities like to talk a lot while beong safe in there protected sheltered mansions. They keep advocating for change and telling the public who to vote for but change still never happened. Obama was suppose to make change where is it? Same problems ghettos also had didn't go away. Protesting on the same issues and nothings changed. Nothing will change if you don't address the real issues and not talk about one side of the problem like cops and not the other side. But being pc and a SJW,BLM,feminist is whats in, so if you don't agree with them they scream and call you a "RACIST"!
        Obama's presidency has done more to divide this country that any president I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          There's a counter argument to BLM and other activists' charge, that blacks are unfairly targeted because of their race. The argument basically states (and is supported by stats) that blacks are more likely to carry out violent crimes than other racial groups and thus more confrontations with police. When you have more confrontations then the rate of police shootings is in direct correlation and the vicious cycle just keeps going. It's the accusation of this concerted effort of racism that may or may not fit the reality on the ground. Couple that with racist comments by leaders of the BLM movement and you can see why they are perceived as being racist against white people and their motives are naturally questioned.

Also, I agree with point about activist that speak out against black-on-black violence; they are definitely out there but are drowned out by the BLM people. I just think that they would do their cause a huge benefit if they focused on the problems within the Afro American communities and not just focus on this perceived notion of "white racism." It alienates guys like myself who are not racist in the least but are vilinized by this group
          But again, your answer addresses the BLM movement. The BLM movement does not speak for the black community as a whole. The BLM is an organization/movement that anyone can participate in regardless of one's belief and educational background. The BLM movement is a movement that mainstream media continues to give the microphone too with some of the most ignorant representations for a community I've ever seen. I'd even go as far as to say there are agents placed in the BLM that are solely designed to say the most ignorant things to make it an "us vs them" type of movement and bring discredit upon the movement with idiotic dialogue purposely said to ignite specific reactions; that's my personal opinion, not factual one.

Why aren't community activists like Dr. Claude Anderson, Umar Johnson, Dr. Boyce Watkins, radio hosts like Carl Nelson not given this same platform and allowed to speak to mainstream outlets about what their vision for the black community consists of? My answer is they speak too much truth and their solution would align with scenario #1 that I presented in my last post to you.

This is very unfortunate because their solution to the state of black america consists of black america fixing their own problem, building their own community with businesses, education, non-violence unless using amendment rights, etc, etc. Problem is if they're speaking too much truth, they're immediately labeled as black supremists, racists, afro-centric, etc.

If you have a black person that loves his/her people and believes in self sufficiency, black economic growth, non-violent black communities, they're immediately labeled and silenced and not given a platform.

However, if you have a black person that's ignorant, blames the white man and police for all their problems, has a criminal record, etc, etc, they're in turn criminalized, labeled a thug that has no motivation to better themselves or community, etc. And most likely has a microphone stuck in their face on the biggest platform in hopes they'll say something idiotic so whatever local TV station can get website hits or tv ratings whilst continuing the negative connotations placed on black america.

Again, why such distinct dichotomy in expectations? Do you not see this system?

I personally believe in my amendment right to protect myself, self sufficiency, academic achievements and competitiveness, professional prowess, building one's economic community without government assistance, ect. How much you want to bet I've been labeled a militant racist?

This "system" is real with a lose-lose outcome.
          Last edited by Chollo Vista; 06-29-2016, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
            Obama's presidency has done more to divide this country that any president I can remember.
            YES!

I dont recall this much race card or victim playing ever in my life, In the 80s I grew up wtih blacks, whites latinos asians, we all got along, even in the 90s the black kids at my school never played the race card, flash forward these new generation who was never born in the slave days all of a sudden act like they are experiencing racism, its the strangest thing. This is all media control and brainwashing of the gullible.

Its weird how I seen a 25 year old black kid call a 73 year old black man an uncle tom sell out, the black man was telling the black kid to work hard and stop blaming others, this black man grew up during the segregation era, but this young black kid called him a sell out or tom, smh.

wtf is going on.

reminds me of Mayweather saying he experienced more racism than Ali or any boxing legend of the past.

Comment

no mention of blacks representing only 13% of the population but commit 50% of homicides right? no ****ing **** you're going to get shot up more by the police. next.

Comment

I thought there was going to be something more in that speach than the typical cop stuff. True words yet nothing groundbreaking.

Also a light skinned, blue eyed, biracial man undoubtedly experiences more racial abuse from his black side than the white side. I guess in some ways you could respect his opinion more in that sense.

Comment

I'm not even cringe and that made me black.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up View Post
                      i just have a simple question doe.

where are this guys at when there's trouble in the ghetto?
                      I live in Richmond, VA and there are reports of murders every single day, 95% of them are black on black crime. The only time these groups show any interest is when it involves a cop or a white guy is the shooter.

Comment

Working...
                      X