Does Canelo vs GGG happen this year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Canelo vs GGG happen this year?

i doubt it. I get the feeling Canelo's team will try to stall until late 2017 at least so that GGG can be even older and more deteriorated.
    Yes
    28.13%
    No
    71.88%

No. When I started hearing they both agreed to not negotiate in the media that's when I knew the fix was in for a deal to be made in the dark. The only thing left to work out is who gets the belt. Personally I think they'll announce Canelo is dropping the belt but there is a contract for them to fight in May a la Ward and Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Jong Pimp View Post

i doubt it. I get the feeling Canelo's team will try to stall until late 2017 at least so that GGG can be even older and more deteriorated.
      I voted no. I just read on fight news that GBP is trying to negotiate 2 to 3 interm fights for both fighters to allow the fight to build so they can make more money down the line when they fight. I guess its going to be up to K2 to agree or not and that will determine when or if this fight happens.

Comment

Originally posted by HAY-B View Post
        I voted no. I just read on fight news that GBP is trying to negotiate 2 to 3 interm fights for both fighters to allow the fight to build so they can make more money down the line when they fight. I guess its going to be up to K2 to agree or not and that will determine when or if this fight happens.
        I responded before I read your comment. I haven't read that story yet but I think that'll happen. They're going to try and sell it as "We're doing the same thing Ward and Kovalev are doing"

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          I responded before I read your comment. I haven't read that story yet but I think that'll happen. They're going to try and sell it as "We're doing the same thing Ward and Kovalev are doing"
          We'll see. the article mentioned Canelo fighting Leimuex or Curtis Stevens next and GGG fighting Jacobs. I don't really care for the Leimuex or Stevens fights but GGG vs Jacobs is an interesting fight to me. Its also a tougher fight for GGG than either fight mentioned for Canelo IMO.
          I would like to see Canelo and GGG fight next but I doubt it happens.

Comment

Eric Gomez, Oscar De La Hoya and I have all agreed to keep quiet on negotiations, so i'm not at liberty to speak about this. But I can tell you, we are in talks right now. Just be patient.

Comment

Not likely, but next year for sure.

I guess there is a possiblity this year but only because Canelo seems very cognizant of how the public feels and I don't think he will let Oscar hold off for too long. He seemed pretty sick of the talk in moments right after Khan so we'll see. 2 more fights at the max starting with Lemieux or Stevens. Not sure who GGG could fight, one would have to be a legit fight-maybe even for that stripped belt...and then the other one to get his name exposed more in Mexico....probably Margarito as the fight before Canelo.
              Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 05-16-2016, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Loeffler View Post
                Eric Gomez, Oscar De La Hoya and I have all agreed to keep quiet on negotiations, so i'm not at liberty to speak about this. But I can tell you, we are in talks right now. Just be patient.
                Tom Loeffler ???............................................... .......

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Loeffler View Post
                  tom they dont want anything to do with ggg. it is very clear. start talking with wbc on stripping canelo of his belt. ggg can fight for the vacant wbc belt while canelo continues to feasts on smaller men.

anyways im a big fan and u have been doing great with K2. big respect.
                  Last edited by Divine Hammer; 05-16-2016, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Nope......

Comment

Working...
                    X