Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thurman isn't as powerful as most think.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thurman didn't seem to me to punch as hard as he has in the past. He punched harder against Guerrero. He punched similarly to last night against Bundu. Thurman quoted his late trainer during prefight interviews who once told him that without his power he is nothing.

I think he is starting to accumulate injuries to his hands and shoulders through the excessive power he has hit with to this point, and it is starting to diminish. Without that huge punch, he is a good fighter but not a special fighter. If Collazo, could have continued, the outcome was not certain in my mind.

Comment

I dont think he sets up his power as well as he could do. I'd like to see a more consistent and intelligent jab from him to set up his shots.

He can punch though.

Comment

Well most fighters KO'S slow down when they fight higher competition..interesting to seeifhe can KO anyone good...

Comment

... He young, doe...

I think that the hippy took Collazo too easily... Thurman seems he is taking his future career road for granted. I wonder why and because of whom?

Comment

He's moving too much so he's not setting his feet just kind of jumps at you though he can generate power he's not technical enough to be devastating.

Comment

I think he was just unprepared against collazo and thought it would be a walk in the park. He's been focusing on mayweather too much.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                He calls him self one time, because all it takes is one punch to put your lights out, thats what keith said.

I think he hits hard but not the hardest hitter. Thurman is like tyson, once tyson speed left so did his power, tyson couldn't even hurt lennox or danny williams or mcbride badly, because he no longer had the explosive speed to generate the power.

George foreman is an example of a true heavy handed fighter, watch his fight with moorer and he threw what looked like the weakest one two arm punch with no leverage and he drops moorer hard and wins by ko. Pavlik is another guy with heavy hands, slow and doesn't really throw with explosive speed but could spark you out with what look like arm punches.
                What an awful comparison. So Tyson wasn't really a great puncher because he was crap when he was shot to bits?

Yeah Tyson didn't really hit that hard. Smh

Comment

I don't think he took this fight that seriously. He needs to focus less on Mayweather and more on his next opponents, fighting like this won't get him anywhere near a Mayweather win much less a fight. As for his power, he throws mostly power punches, you can tell because he's so flat footed, its not like if he threw a regular punch it would knock an opponent out.

Comment

I've been saying this since the bundu fight. Plus Thurman is too afraid of getting hurt.

Comment

So, what happened? His power suddenly disappeared?

No, his power is still there and its the same. Remember Robert Guerrero saying something like: Now I know why they call him one time, post fight. Thing is at the World level fighters are not only good at dishing out, but also absorbing serious amounts of punishment and keep moving forward.

This isn't to say just because you can absorb punishment you're World level. Bundu is Euro level.

Comment

Working...
                      X