Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Rios vs Arturo Gatti

Who would of won this war at 135?

I say Rios via 11th round ko.

What a fight this would be....not that he was a fast starter, but Gatti's speed and boxing would be a factor early and he'd jump out to an early lead. you never quite knew what you'd get with Gatti at that time/weight, he tried to box sometimes and be successful, others he'd get suckered into wars.

so i'll go with gatti getting the early lead then he gets dragged into a war as always starting around the 4th round. his propensity to get cut would be a factor as the war rages and it becomes even until late in the fight when Rios takes over and takes it via decision. possible TKO due to cuts. good matchup tho

Comment

Rios wins by stoppage inside of 5 rounds

Comment

Gatti is on another level then Acosta, Antillion, and Murray. People who don't know their stuff and hear Gatti next to the word war all the time will get the impression real silly that Gatti was just some wild slugger. The man had nice hands, no question and will outbox these guys early until he has them frustrated and then goes for the kill.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
          Rios wins by stoppage inside of 5 rounds
          i think you are underating gatti slightly he fought better fighters than rios and won

i think he'd beat him but it would be one hell of a fight thats for sure

Comment

Gatti by blood drainage from Rios's face

Comment

Originally posted by ghost deini View Post
              i think you are underating gatti slightly he fought better fighters than rios and won

i think he'd beat him but it would be one hell of a fight thats for sure
              The only guy B+ level fighter Gatti beat was Tracy Harris Patterson at 130.

Of course it would be an absolute WAR but it would be quick too.

Comment

Rios isn't koing anyone.. Gatti was a solid 140er, bigger than Rios and his ability to sustain damage and still be a threat was incredible. I got Gatti via a brutal war.

Comment

Imo no one beats Rios unless they bring a bike into the ring, and Gatti didnīt have one I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
                    Rios isn't koing anyone.. Gatti was a solid 140er, bigger than Rios and his ability to sustain damage and still be a threat was incredible. I got Gatti via a brutal war.
                    Gatti in 99 and Rios in 2011 are pretty much the same size, both huge lightweights

Comment

Working...
                    X