Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a fan of Sheilds but kinda want him to win.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a fan of Sheilds but kinda want him to win.

Just so we can see GSP fight someone he hasn't fought yet for once. Dana says Kampmann wont be getting a title shot even if he wins, and although I don't think Sheilds could beat GSP, Kos, Fitch, or Tiago, I still want him to get past Kampmann just so we don't have to deal with another rematch...

GSP is on a beat guys he already owned once tour.

On the plus side if Shields loses, Kampmann could be in line for a shot. It could just like Swick/Hardy situation. But Fitch is more deserving than Kampmann.

Shields' grappling ability could provoke GSP to fight him on his feet. Then again, that's just wishful thinking.

Having another top level Welterweight in the UFC won't hurt. Not a fan of Shields either, but interested in his fight on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
      GSP is on a beat guys he already owned once tour.
      Is he now? Who has he rematched?

I hope Shields wins too, but Kampann is not some bum. Shields is going to have his hands full. If he can't get Kampmann down or at least against the fence he's done for

Comment

Originally posted by SwoleBiceps View Post
        Is he now? Who has he rematched?

I hope Shields wins too, but Kampann is not some bum. Shields is going to have his hands full. If he can't get Kampmann down or at least against the fence he's done for
        Well, it's starting with Koscheck and Fitch was promised a rematch after beating Alves.

Signing Shields was actually a blessing, since that will put Fitch's rematch against GSP on hold.

Kampmann is a solid fighter and definitely not some bum, but I think Shields will take him to the ground at some point.

Comment

Well, it's starting with Koscheck and Fitch was promised a rematch after beating Alves.
          Then technically he hasn't rematched anyone has he?

Koscheck will be the first, but Koscheck has earned his spot and has improved.

Fitch won't be getting title shot if Shields wins tomorrow, that I can guarantee.

Plus a promise from Dana is like a promise from a politician. Don't take too much stock in it.

Comment

Then technically he hasn't rematched anyone has he?

Koscheck will be the first, but Koscheck has earned his spot and has improved.

Fitch won't be getting title shot if Shields wins tomorrow, that I can guarantee.

Plus a promise from Dana is like a promise from a politician. Don't take too much stock in it.
            Well technically not yet (not counting Penn or Hughes obviously), but before Shields signed with UFC, GSP's best options were the rematches to Koscheck and Fitch/Alves.

I am a big GSP fan, I just want to see him in there with some new faces.
            Last edited by blaze778; 10-22-2010, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Well technically not yet (not counting Penn or Hughes obviously), but before Shields signed with UFC, GSP's best options were the rematches to Koscheck and Fitch/Alves.

I am a big GSP fan, I just want to see him in there with some new faces.
              I think he's going to be moving up very soon. I don't think he'd be gaining weight like he has if he wasn't. Moving up in weight without compromising your skills, cardio, explosiveness is a very delicate process. People like BJ Penn are a prime example of what happens when it's rushed.

Georges seems like a smart guy and he watched it happen to BJ first hand, so he know what he has to do.

I think if he beats Kos and then Shields, he'll move up.

Comment

I think he's going to be moving up very soon. I don't think he'd be gaining weight like he has if he wasn't. Moving up in weight without compromising your skills, cardio, explosiveness is a very delicate process. People like BJ Penn are a prime example of what happens when it's rushed.

Georges seems like a smart guy and he watched it happen to BJ first hand, so he know what he has to do.

I think if he beats Kos and then Shields, he'll move up.
                True, I saw a GSP interview when he mentioned that he's putting on lean muscle the right way. Real slow process.

He also said the reason he's taking his time is because once he moves up to 185, it would be a permanent move. He knows if tries to move back down to 170, he wouldn't be the same and he would be totally weight drained.
                Last edited by blaze778; 10-22-2010, 10:14 PM.

Comment

He also said the reason he's taking his time is because once he moves up to 185, it would be a permanent move. He knows if tries to move back down to 170, he wouldn't be the same and be totally weight drained.
                  Exactly, which is why it puzzles me as to why people think GSP is scared or something about moving up to MW.

Comment

I see what your saying. As much as I love Fitch & Kos and would love to see them beat GSP's face in, once they lose again the division's over. Everybody else might as well just quit.

We need fresh contenders, one that can destroy GSP.

Comment

Working...
                    X