Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Announces His Retirement From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Raonic View Post
    Retired abecause he scared of GGG.

LOOOOOOL but seriously I'm sad to see him retire. I don't like his style all the time and think he is a diva but he was a hell of a fighter and would have loved to see how far he could go. I think a title at CW would have been doable for sure.
    retirements in boxing don't mean anything. unfortunately we will probably be seeing this loathsome c-unt in a boxing ring again.

Comment

• Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
      I get the "dirty tactics" label. I don't think it was intentional but they were fouls. I can point to plenty of fighters (some you probably like) that engaged in the same kind of tactic but I don't see the outrage when they do it. I don't see him as a cheater. That's just a personal opinion from the people that don't like him. I can't believe anyone thinks he's the kind of fighter that will do anything illegal to win. That's a stretch if you ask me. Either way, his retirement should come as great news to you but what will you do with the other 23 hours of daily free time now that you won't have him to hate?
      Channel that hate to another fighter who looks like ward. Obviously.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
        So I guess you think lil g isn't overrated huh.....
        Nah he definitely is

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          Maybe CTE was a concern?
          too late. he's been boxing his whole life. he's taken a lifetime of punches to the head. look at aaron hernandez you can be young and still get cte.

Comment

• Duckingson came calling and coWard ran for the hills, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
              jumping into yor opponent head first without even throwing punches isnt intentional??? hitting a guy low over and over isn't intentional? you would think a highly skilled boxer would know how to control punches but i guess not? clinching and wrestling nonstop isn't intentional? you are just making up excuses.

ok please point them out! ready go!

if he is not a cheater then no one in boxing is. what more proof do you need? any time a fight turned tough he used illegal tactics. why wasn't he headbutting and clinching nonstop against abraham or paul smith or brand? only when the guy was getting to him did he resort to these tactics. the ref let him because boxign is a rigged game. thats why no one should respect the guy for taking advantage of a rigged game. the goal should be to get rid of guys who do this and put a stop to it. not pretend they are "great" fighters.
              Ward's best attribute is his inside fighting. If you you look at any fighter with a good inside game you will see head clashes. It's not intentional, it's part of his style. How else is going to get in? Some boxers put their guard up and move inside. He doesnt. He turns his head to side and move in. If you're his opponent, you know that's how he's coming in, get your head out the way. Or if you're Kovalev or others, be stubborn and maintain your head position, clash heads, and complain to the ref every time. Inside fighters jockey for position so they can get their punches off. Sometimes there's holding on both sides. But he's successful at it and he's less popular so he gets all the blame.

I don't have time to name everyone. However, head butts, excessive clinching, rabbit punches, or low blows are not unique to him. Like I said, get it in while you can. Mayweather and Ward are retired. You'll have nothing but free time on your hands from now on.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                Enjoy retirement champ....well earned
                Andre Ward just blatantly duck Adonis Stevenson by retiring, he scattered the belts instead of trying to become Undisputed. Fans just can't realise, it's the most cowardise move we attend in boxing, straight from the #1 P4P.
                Look, patriotism is good, but when the facts are flagrant, we best keep silent than to show our credulity.
                Ward dropped everyone by spinning fans in circles, with his stories of Bellew Joshua but never Stevenson...
                It's a duck move, it's a P4P duck...
                Last edited by TheThirdEye; 09-21-2017, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• That's his retirement speech? Dear boxing?

Comment

• Originally posted by -NAV- View Post
                    Nope I just have high standards for a guy being called a HOF.
                    No, you have delusional standards. Ward is going to the HOF regardless of your delusional wishes. I would be willing to bet you had no problem when fighters like Gatti got in.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                      No, you have delusional standards. Ward is going to the HOF regardless of your delusional wishes. I would be willing to bet you had no problem when fighters like Gatti got in.
                      Gatti should not be in the HOF. Mancini should not be in the HOF.

Comment

Working...
                      X