Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 09-14-2017, 04:42 PM #81
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 968 Post(s)
Shape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond reputeShape up has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 36,572.60
Top Rated Poster - ironmt Kicking Ass - ironmt 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REYESdelBOXEO View Post
He was forced to, he had court, being sued along with GoldenBoy Promotions by All Star Boxing , where CANELO'S promotional rights were in the air as well as an up to $30M USD lawsuit against him. All these court proceedings taking place , and they expected CANELO to sign a fight within 15 days & have no training camp.

CANELO would have to give up the weight + half the $ + No training.

It's a no brainer , you vacate and do the fight the fair , normal , traditional way. Then go out and defeat him. Now here we are. CANELO met all of Golovqueen the Goldigging Diva's demands & now we have an Epic Fight.
The way I see it is that if the roles were reversed you'd be saying excuses, which really they are, the only reason he was allowed to fight cotto and khan was because they gave their WORD that they would fight GGG next, so based on that I cauld turn around and say that canelo has no honour, would that be a fair statement
Shape up is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-14-2017, 05:26 PM #82
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
crold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 110,228,513.71
I totally agree with your p4p rankings, Pac is definitely above Floyd. - Neutral to one of the greats - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
I'm glad Cliff said it: Golovkin has not beaten anyone who is likely to show up on a Hall of Fame ballot.

It is what it is.

That's why this fight on Saturday is huge for his historical standing.
Thanks. It's high stakes in terms of how he might be regarded some day. The risk of electing to be a single weight class titan in an untitantic era in the class.
crold1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 05:27 PM #83
Undisputed Champion

crold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond repute
I totally agree with your p4p rankings, Pac is definitely above Floyd. - Neutral to one of the greats - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoMan View Post
Decent read, Cliff, but not everybody thought that Tito was going to mow through BHop. Casual, uninformed fans and pretty much all Puerto Ricans did, but nobody who was paying attention thought that.
You might be overthinking the set up there but it is at least fair to say the odds and picks favored Tito strongly
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:41 PM #84
Contender

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Finito2K is on a distinguished road
Bank: 107,677.62
Total Points: 130,799.69

Quote:
Originally Posted by REYESdelBOXEO View Post
Golovkin Will lose. It's time for Golovkin fans to embrace defeat. CANELO is by far the superior fighter.

CANELO will destroy him & humble him , and make an example out of him. CANELO will give Golovkin a boxing lesson and a life lesson in humility. (GGG)The pompous arrogant entitled gold spoon fed Diva will recieve a well deserved beating, from (CANELO) an old school throwback , golden era type fighter, who was thrown to the wolves at a very young age and still rose to the mountain top.

CANELO's Great Victory will be for Boxing fans world wide but also , fighter's from the 147 - 168 divisions and their fanbases, all of whom Gennady Golovkin disrespected.

Thank you Saul Alvarez for showing Supreme Warrior\Gladiator Fighting spirit & meeting all of the Diva's demands and making this fight for the fans. Thanks CANELO for always fighting the best fighter's in the world.

Side Note- I hope Eddie Reynoso punches Abel Sanchez in the gut.
Ya mamasela.
Finito2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 05:53 PM #85
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattlingNelson View Post
Nice and on point article. crold1

Only problem is that Rold refers to Canelo as lineal champ. Well he vacated his alphabet strap and changed his division. Zsolt Erdei did the exact same thing a few years ago and was instantly stripped of his lineal title. Stripped by none other than Cliff Rold.

So there is a clear double standard here. One that works for Alvarez and one that works for Erdei. Not a good look from the highly regarded Cliff Rold.

Details here:

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...php?p=17550137
There's no double standard. We disagree. It was just a different set of circumstances. And it is possible to see two things differently almost a decade apart.

Erdei even briefly retired (though that was more about getting away from Kohl and there is some dispute there). Alvarez always said he was coming back to middleweight and while Ring is tied to his promoter, he always kept a footprint in the class that way. If Ring had recognized lineages in 1996, the proper Hill-Maske line might never have broken if he'd opted to hold that belt and dump WBO. As was, he left the class and vacated with no mandatory pressure to do so. Alvarez had a middleweight title fight in May 2016 (even if it was silly) and announced he'd fight the top guy in class in 9/2017, and is.

Even if you don't see Canelo as lineal, if GGG wins he still will be to Hopkins with no break. I almost pulled Canelo when TBRB did prior to Chavez based on a quote he gave but waited to see what was coming because if he was going to fight Golovkin next it didn't make much sense to list the lineage as dead when they'd be fighting for it months later

And they are.

No matter who wins this weekend, they will be the lineal king of the class.

All that said, I acknowledged well before you brought this up a couple months ago that there is another way to look at this:
http://www.boxingscene.com/end-line-...dendum--109582

Last edited by crold1; 09-14-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:05 PM #86
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 8695 Post(s)
aboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,000,000,512,506.75
This id should have kick me and dildos every where. Sh1t poster. - mrdogtown1975 Very good post in the Man creates homunculus thread - punchr No Message - ИATAS No Message - ИATAS No Message - Scott.Weiland. 
Keeping it real - Nomadic It's about money - Nomadic Always great posts, one of the best people on here! - JK1700 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattlingNelson View Post
Nice and on point article. crold1

Only problem is that Rold refers to Canelo as lineal champ. Well he vacated his alphabet strap and changed his division. Zsolt Erdei did the exact same thing a few years ago and was instantly stripped of his lineal title. Stripped by none other than Cliff Rold.

So there is a clear double standard here. One that works for Alvarez and one that works for Erdei. Not a good look from the highly regarded Cliff Rold.

Details here:

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...php?p=17550137

" lineal "..... is rubbish, so who fkn cares ?

oh, wait..... you mean, I could take this lame opportunity to project my guy as the best fighter in his division because of some ridiculous who-beat-who line..... despite the fact that Canelo has never fought A middleweight, and never fought AT middleweight..... and despite the fact that triangle theories do not work in boxing..... ?

o,k,then.....

Canelo is the REAL champ

ya know what..... I feel like a bit of a dick, because Canelo is obviously nothing at middleweight, and the man to beat is obviously Golovkin..... but ya know what, I am gonna ride with it

Canelo is the REAL champ

thnx bro
aboutfkntime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:11 PM #87
Undisputed Champion

aboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond repute
This id should have kick me and dildos every where. Sh1t poster. - mrdogtown1975 Very good post in the Man creates homunculus thread - punchr No Message - ИATAS No Message - ИATAS No Message - Scott.Weiland. 
Keeping it real - Nomadic It's about money - Nomadic Always great posts, one of the best people on here! - JK1700 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape up View Post
Why did he drop the belt
Quote:
Originally Posted by angkag View Post
This has been beaten to death, but its my theory that dropping the belt was a DLH screw-up, DLH talking Canelo into something he didn't want to do.

One thing I respect about Canelo is his 'I box, and focus on that 100%...other people do the other stuff' attitude. But in this case I'm betting he was all 'wtf ?' when the belt got dropped and his relationship with DLH got re-written in the aftermath, which probably played a part in this fight happening now as he probably gets a say in major decisions now vs totally delegating.

All specualtion, but it was out of character for Canelo to drop the belt, and he couldn't hide the humiliation and embarrassment he felt afterwards, and it still festers with him. Just don't believe it was his idea or that at that time he even had a say in the 'business' side (nor wanted to).

Bit more fuel for this fight......

wtf

shape up..... p1ss off idiot

he dumped that shht because the WBC gave him 2 weeks to finalize a fight with a bunch of disingenuous liars who were obviously attempting to manipulate him

the WBC fcuked that fight..... it was never going to happen under those conditions and Team Bullshht were well-aware of that

want proof ?

FACT: they will fight in 2 days, WITHOUT any "help" from the WBC

shut your cakehole muppet..... sick of you clowns

angkag...... you were really not aware of that situation?

FFS, after Canelo dumped thaat shht he continued to negotiate with those liars, trying to make the fight..... because they said this..... "Now if Canelo vacates the title and it becomes a voluntary fight down the road in 2017, then anything is negotiable - the money, location and weight".....

but guess what happened..... ?

right, those fkn liars ran for the hills and totally refused to negotiate on weight..... again

only a boxingscene poster could possibly think that when the distinct B-side totally refuses to lift a finger or make any kind of concessions in order to land a meaningful fight, that it is appropriate to blame the other guy
Old 09-14-2017, 07:15 PM #88
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by crold1 View Post
There's no double standard. We disagree. It was just a different set of circumstances. And it is possible to see two things differently almost a decade apart.

Erdei even briefly retired (though that was more about getting away from Kohl and there is some dispute there). Alvarez always said he was coming back to middleweight and while Ring is tied to his promoter, he always kept a footprint in the class that way. If Ring had recognized lineages in 1996, the proper Hill-Maske line might never have broken if he'd opted to hold that belt and dump WBO. As was, he left the class and vacated with no mandatory pressure to do so. Alvarez had a middleweight title fight in May 2016 (even if it was silly) and announced he'd fight the top guy in class in 9/2017, and is.

Even if you don't see Canelo as lineal, if GGG wins he still will be to Hopkins with no break. I almost pulled Canelo when TBRB did prior to Chavez based on a quote he gave but waited to see what was coming because if he was going to fight Golovkin next it didn't make much sense to list the lineage as dead when they'd be fighting for it months later

And they are.

No matter who wins this weekend, they will be the lineal king of the class.

All that said, I acknowledged well before you brought this up a couple months ago that there is another way to look at this:
http://www.boxingscene.com/end-line-...dendum--109582

pretty sure I know the quote that Cliff is referring to.....

" I am not a middleweight "

and yep, that should have done it

winning the WBO jmw title should definitely have done it also

I did not view Canelo as a middleweight until he signed to fight Chavez and stated that he will be continuing his career at 160
Old 09-14-2017, 07:19 PM #89
Up and Comer

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
GOLDKING has a spectacular aura aboutGOLDKING has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 1,342.43

Definitely want GGG to win now that the minorities are pulling out their race card over this fight even though canelo probably has more caucasian blood than GGG hahhaa. Or is it because GGG has beaten every negroid he has faced with ease but canelo lost to mayweather?
GOLDKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:24 PM #90
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 509 Post(s)
angkag has much to be proud ofangkag has much to be proud ofangkag has much to be proud ofangkag has much to be proud ofangkag has much to be proud ofangkag has much to be proud ofangkag has much to be proud ofangkag has much to be proud of
Total Points: 10,000,024,183.89

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboutfkntime View Post
wtf

shape up..... p1ss off idiot

he dumped that shht because the WBC gave him 2 weeks to finalize a fight with a bunch of disingenuous liars who were obviously attempting to manipulate him

the WBC fcuked that fight..... it was never going to happen under those conditions and Team Bullshht were well-aware of that

want proof ?

FACT: they will fight in 2 days, WITHOUT any "help" from the WBC

shut your cakehole muppet..... sick of you clowns

angkag...... you were really not aware of that situation?

FFS, after Canelo dumped thaat shht he continued to negotiate with those liars, trying to make the fight..... because they said this..... "Now if Canelo vacates the title and it becomes a voluntary fight down the road in 2017, then anything is negotiable - the money, location and weight".....

but guess what happened..... ?

right, those fkn liars ran for the hills and totally refused to negotiate on weight..... again

only a boxingscene poster could possibly think that when the distinct B-side totally refuses to lift a finger or make any kind of concessions in order to land a meaningful fight, that it is appropriate to blame the other guy
Jeez, read this a few times and still can't understand what the hell you are rambling about. Take a pill and slow down dude.
angkag is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List