Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Horn Rejects Pacquiao's Claim of Dirty Tactics: Let's Do it Again!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
    Yeah because the guy came in to headbutt you. Any wonder why he would try to keep his head down?
    Man 2 southpaws that have a in and out style? Gtfo both Manny and Horn are at fault for those headbutts. So Manny can quite his crying about it. Manny held on practically every clinch.

Comment

The rematch should take place outside Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by BucaRican View Post
        Manny was doing all the damn holding when Horn would get inside he needs to cut it out and except the fact he got man handled by the bigger guy.
        I really dont know what fight you where watching, Horn was bullrushing pac and when he was on the inside he grabed pac and used his size and weight to push him down and outmuscle pac to tire him, trowing rabitt punches, elbows, the ref allowed that, so he kept doing that, Pac is a true gentleman who dont have anything to prove by being dirty in the ring, what he is claiming is what we all saw, and most people saw pac winning, if Horn is content with a gifted strap, cool for him on his hollowed win, and yes pac is not what he has been in the past, not even his previous fight, still, this version of pac still outboxed his rival.

Comment

Let's fight dirty again!

I like Horn's spirit. Kid has heart.

Comment

Originally posted by BucaRican View Post
            Manny was doing all the damn holding when Horn would get inside he needs to cut it out and except the fact he got man handled by the bigger guy.
            That's right Atlas made that point, when you're a southpaw there is going to be head clashes, but all the holding was in close by Manny. Didn't appear to be a real dirty fight.

Comment

Using forearms and elbows to move the other fighter is not no accident. That was dirty.

There was 1 particular elbow swing during a clinch that pissed me off. He was really dirty in the 6th and 7th round ...coincidentally when the headbutts occurred.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                Jeff Horn is a freaking lion. There's nothing I love more in this sport than a fighter that wants to take over the freaking world. I'd be rooting for Horn in the rematch, especially since I know he'll dare to be great and unify.
                Sounds like a mouse, fought dirty even though was much bigger and younger, and still should have lost. He's not a lion. He's a mouse who happened to fight for the cheese at home.

Originally posted by PranMatic View Post
                Yeah, he's a freaking lion, but does that make him a technically good fighter? No. It's like what Teddy Atlas said, just because you fought hard and showed will doesn't mean you should've won and are legit.

I wasn't impress by him technically. Spence will KO this guy in 8 rounds or less, Thurman will straight up out box him.

And this guy is calling out Mayweather too, HA!

And if Manny does rematch him, it's hard to see him improving that much from this fight to pull of a LEGIT win.
                Horn would get crushed by Spence.

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Horn is not a dirty fighter. Head-butts happen, especially between southpaw and orthodox fighters! However, Horn loss the fight at a minimum of 7 rounds to 5! If Horn is the least bit grateful for the opportunity Pacquiao gave to him, he would grant a rematch to Pacquiao in the Philippines!
                The **** he isn't. He was throwing elbows.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                  Sounds like a mouse, fought dirty even though was much bigger and younger, and still should have lost. He's not a lion. He's a mouse who happened to fight for the cheese at home.

Horn would get crushed by Spence.

The **** he isn't. He was throwing elbows.
                  If you've been following boxing since the 70's (Duran vs. Leonard I) you wouldn't think Horn was a "dirty" fighter! I just can't wait until Horn does what he does vs. Porter or Spence! They'll do what Manny can't do!, due to his size!

Comment

Horn was way bigger than I thought. I bet he was around 165+ to be completely honest. Rough housed and fought dirty too. That being said I thought Pacquiao looked horrible compared to his last few fights. I didn't see him able to really pull the trigger when need be. Pac is a very durable and technically proficient fighter so it was no surprise he could stay more than competitive with just those aspects.
                    Then again this was reminiscent of Pac vs Algieri. Pac plodded after him all night and basically hurt him when he'd see a shot. The difference was, Horn mauling him and fighting back with everything he had whilst running around like Algieri.

Comment

Horn did what he had to do. He was leading with his head. He was using his forearms and elbows in the clinch every chance he got. He was dirty, clearly dirty, but I have no problems with it. He got the job done.

If you're going up against somebody who is more skilled than you are, or harder hitting, or both, THAT is how it's done. What Horn did - the way he pressed, the way he upset and mugged Pacquiao should be taught in classrooms. He was brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                      X