Suffering from depression

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Thank you to Bringer and Kev for the advice and offering of support, means a lot.

I have spent the last week off work on sick leave,
    This was not recommended by my doctor (as I have still not consulted one.) this was my decision.

I am still off social media and training a lot. Yesterday, I broke down. I don't know why.

Doing my best still. This message means nothing to 99.9% of you. It's my way of writing things down though.

Thanks again,
    Pb32
    Thanks for being so candid, that's a major step towards recognising this.

I would recommend speaking to your doctor, or seeking out a counsellor. (You can get counsellors on the NHS).

Comment

Man,

That is tough. I was diagnosed with SA and severe depression. I would get some serious anxiety attacks, and bunch other stuff. I would not wish that felling to anyone. I was prescribed meds which took me even deeper into the depression state.

I would drink each and every day. I mean, heavy drinking, it affected my job, and my life. It distanced me from my loved ones (Son and Daughter) and I found my self in a hole that I could not get out. I was just banging chicks that I would meet on dating sites, and random chick at bars and latin clubs. I seriously did over 125 different women in a period of a year. My attitude was one that I did not give a darn about consequences, my health estate, and a mental cloud that was soooooo dense.

One of my employees (Im a Program Manager) which I known for over 10 years talked to me and suggested to get a dog as a companion. I agreed and I went and rescued my Athena from the dog refuge.

Athena was the best thing I did to help me with my depression. I went all out and gave Athena all my love, affection and anything I had. This dog became my best friend and companion.

She is an American Pit and Lab Mix. Very bright dog! She is a beast, runs with me, has a 5 foot vertical with no head start and she barks like a 300lb dog! lol! People gets freak out by it.

Fully trained and knows about 20 commands from seat, roll, stay, to run, bite, guard, and others.

Not too big, not too small at 59lbs.

I love her and she has comforted me during some dark times.

At the end, I did not rescue Athena, she rescued me instead.

Good luck dealing with your depression, its very hard, I know first hand.

Comment

Anyone ever suffered from that? How did you deal with it?
        Go outside and shadowbox in your neighborhood. Do it as if no one's watching. Come back and tell me how you feel.
        Last edited by punchr; 06-03-2016, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Stopped smoking pot.

Prozac

Moved interstate back to my dads.

Tony Robbins.

Was fine in 2-3mths and have been good for 15 years.

Although I had more anxiety than straight up depression.

Comment

FBGM...seriously. I suffer from depression from time to time. It's hereditary. But you have to learn to take care of yourself. Say it every chance you get. Work daily and fill your head with personal goals. Don't concern yourself with the external. Build on the internal. Exercise, help your community, focus on career advancements, pick up hobbies that simply are attractive to a healthy or adventurous lifestyle. Eventually, you'll forget what your problems were....they can come back, but it's that drive to better yourself that can hold it at bay.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by screwhead1 View Post
              FBGM...seriously. I suffer from depression from time to time. It's hereditary. But you have to learn to take care of yourself. Say it every chance you get. Work daily and fill your head with personal goals. Don't concern yourself with the external. Build on the internal. Exercise, help your community, focus on career advancements, pick up hobbies that simply are attractive to a healthy or adventurous lifestyle. Eventually, you'll forget what your problems were....they can come back, but it's that drive to better yourself that can hold it at bay.

Good luck!
              This right here will help you lots. Build a solid routine, and have a back up to that routine.

I like running, and I run with my Athena and that keeps my mind fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                As someone who has dealt with quite a bit of family illness and death over the last 2 years, you have my sincere condolences.

If you ever want to talk more about it in private, feel free to PM me.
                What if Beercules wants to pm you d1ck pics?

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for not posting back.

I have taken a break from everything online, social media, forums, youtube etc

Am I depressed? i don't know.
                  Have I felt this down before? Absolutely never.

What is my problem? Mood swings and guilt. A number of families members are extremely ill. My mother is sick as is my father, my brothers are not helping and alot has been to me to figure out.

How am I dealing with it? Gym twice a day. Spending time with friends, focusing on positive aspects of my life and refusing to get down by stuff I cannot control.

What am I not doing? Speaking to a doctor. I don't want to go on prescription medication, I don't feel that is the answer.

Thank you for taking the time to make suggestions, it means a lot. Even the keyboard warriors typing pure ****, I genuinely hope you guys are happy one way or another.

I'm doing good but I've a lot of work to do. I hope none of you feel this way at any stage of your life. Watching your family suffer is difficult
                  I just want to apologize for mocking you earlier in this thread. I had no idea how serious your problem was. I know you like to joke and troll around a lot and I didn't realize you were dead serious about what you were going through. Depression is nothing to laugh at.

I think you're doing the right thing. Gym is always good and so is spending time with your friends. Sounds like you're on the right track by acknowledging your depression, taking action, and realizing positive changes won't happen overnight. It's a process. Keep fighting man, there are things in life beyond your control, just keep focus on what you can control and improve on, seems like you're already doing that.

Good luck brother.

Comment

Anyone ever suffered from that? How did you deal with it?
                    No I don't have a bleeding vagina...............so no I've never suffered from that.......you?

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
                      What if Beercules wants to pm you d1ck pics?
                      You say that like he hasn't already.

Getting unsolicited dick pics from lounge regulars is the sole reason I came back, son.

:wank:

Comment

Working...
                      X