Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Vegan diet helped brad or hurt him???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Things like LEGUMES, beans, nuts, soy and others contain tons of protein

Also there are plant based protein powders you can consume
    It's still difficult to get the requisite amount of protein from those sources. For example, you'd have to eat a fcukload of nuts to get your daily protein needs as an athlete.

In addition, those plant and soya based protein powder don't contain a full spectrum of amino acids and amino acids in supplement form aren't well absorbed.

Whey would be perfect without eating meat but as it's an animal product Vegans can't take it.

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
      ****ing vegans bunch of weirdos, god made meat to eat
      GOD actually designed people to be Vegans and get protein from nuts and legumes. We were capable of eating meat but the process of digesting meat taxes your liver and kidneys.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        GOD actually designed people to be Vegans and get protein from nuts and legumes. We were capable of eating meat but the process of digesting meat taxes your liver and kidneys.
        Eating anything taxes your organs. Whilst we need food to live it's actually one of the most stressful things for the body, particularly when people over-eat.

One thing I would say is the meat people eat today in the west isn't the meat humans evolved with, it's grain-fed and consequently high fat, very different from grass-fed wild animals our ancestors would have eaten.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          It's still difficult to get the requisite amount of protein from those sources. For example, you'd have to eat a fcukload of nuts to get your daily protein needs as an athlete.

In addition, those plant and soya based protein powder don't contain a full spectrum of amino acids and amino acids in supplement form aren't well absorbed.

Whey would be perfect without eating meat but as it's an animal product Vegans can't take it.
          You have to eat different things all the time, its not difficult if you know how. Im not sure how much Protein he's taking but i doubt its bodybuilder-esque

He is also a small guy around 150 pound so he wouldnt need a ton. And plants do contain a full spectrum of amino acids. Plants the basically the beginning of the food cycle meaning they have to contain anything animals do

Comment

Eating anything taxes your organs. Whilst we need food to live it's actually one of the most stressful things for the body, particularly when people over-eat.

One thing I would say is the meat people eat today in the west isn't the meat humans evolved with, it's grain-fed and consequently high fat, very different from grass-fed wild animals our ancestors would have eaten.
            Yeah the high fat content of meat is what I was getting at. Digesting simple greens and the like can't be nearly as stressful on us as meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              You have to eat different things all the time, its not difficult if you know how. Im not sure how much Protein he's taking but i doubt its bodybuilder-esque. He is also a small guy around 150 pound so he wouldnt need a ton.
              You don't have to be a bodybuilder to need a lot of protein. He's an athlete, so in order for anyone to maintain their muscle without depreciation they need at least 1g of protein per lb of lean bodyweight. Given TB's low bodyfat that would likely be significantly over 100g of protein daily. Obviously he gets what he needs but it would be interesting to know from precisely where.

And plants do contain a full spectrum of amino acids. Plants the basically the beginning of the food cycle meaning they have to contain anything animals do
              Animal foods provide complete proteins. I believe most plant foods are incomplete and need to be combined to provide all 9 essential amino acids.

Just to add I'm not a strict advocate for either way of eating. Personally I just think people should eat as naturally as possible.

Comment

Something like Quinoa, "The Incas, who held the crop to be sacred,[6] referred to quinoa as chisaya mama or 'mother of all grains', and it was the Inca emperor who would traditionally sow the first seeds of the season using 'golden implements'.-WIKI

Quinoa, uncooked Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)
                Energy 1,539 kJ (368 kcal)
                Carbohydrates 64 g
                - Starch 52 g
                - Dietary fibre 7 g
                Fat 6 g
                - polyunsaturated 3.3 g
                Protein 14 g
                Water 13 g
                Thiamine (vit. B1) 0.36 mg (31%)
                Riboflavin (vit. B2) 0.32 mg (27%)
                Vitamin B6 0.5 mg (38%)
                Folate (vit. B9) 184 μg (46%)
                Iron 4.6 mg (35%)
                Magnesium 197 mg (55%)
                Phosphorus 457 mg (65%)
                Zinc 3.1 mg (33%)
                it also contains the essential amino acid Lysine
                Percentages are relative to US recommendations for adults.
                Source: USDA Nutrient Database
                Last edited by mathed; 04-17-2012, 07:18 PM.

Comment

You don't have to be a bodybuilder to need a lot of protein. He's an athlete, so in order for anyone to maintain their muscle without depreciation they need at least 1g of protein per lb of lean bodyweight. Given TB's low bodyfat that would likely be significantly over 100g of protein daily. Obviously he gets what he needs but it would be interesting to know from precisely where.

Animal foods provide complete proteins. I believe most plant foods are incomplete and need to be combined to provide all 9 essential amino acids.

Just to add I'm not a strict advocate for either way of eating. Personally I just think people should eat as naturally as possible.
                  i have no idea how his body works and what he needs

But i think soy protein is a complete protein, in other words it has all the amino acids that meat has. There is not a single beneficial nutrient in meat that can not be found in plants.

Comment

He's undefeated, and he just doesn't have an 0 against whack fighters, he's fought legit top 10 140 guys and beat them handily. So that's a good "0", not some JCC Jr type of 0.

Not a big fan of his style though. But he wins.

So I would say what ever he does, it has been a success for him so far.

Comment

Bradley is not a full vegan, he's only vegan during training camp. I don't think 8 weeks with no meat would affect you if you have a balanced diet.

Comment

Working...
                      X