Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WARD do not get enough credit for his surreal career. 2nd best fighter of last 10 yea

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward was boring even more so than Floyd, at least floyd had a personality albeit a shítty one that elicits hate but it was fun to hate floyd... ward had nothing

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
      Whats to like then?
      Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
      He's a humble dude who knows his boxing. I find his style a little boring but I can appreciate his skills.
      What this ungay guy said. There's no denying Ward was a quality operator, just never really got to see him fight an Elite opponent on even ground. He has a great resume, but all his best wins were under controversial circumstances. He beat Farl Croch fair and square though.

Comment

one of the most overrated, dirty and protected fighters in the past decade.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
          Behind floyd
          I like ward. But his best win was by low blow. Pac is the second best fighter. Created a 168 version of prime pacquiao and no headbutting can save ward

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
            I like Andre Ward, but these two posters are right.

He was great at what he did, but it wasn’t neither fair or interesting and he never got penalised for blatant foul play.

Comment

He beat a bunch of bums and cab drivers at 168, (Froch was ok) lost to Kovalev at 175 but got a gift decision, won the rematch with preferential treatment from the referee and retired when 175 got hot with competition.

Like the previous poster said, dude was protected and overrated.

Comment

Ward seems to be happily retired, got a great deal with ESPN, Hosting Contender on EPIX, will be in Creed 2 so Ward is doing great with his Life after Boxing while he still has some fans absolutely MISERABLE over his success as a boxer STILL

Comment

I agree, his career was surreal, it's surreal to see such a privilege fighter as Ward.

Comment

That's just your opinion and not a fact. I think Ward is overrated by many. He is a dirty fighter who gets away with illegal tactics partly because most of his fights are near his home in Oakland California. He is more of a wrestler, mauler, illegal hold and hit clincher than a skilled boxer and in fighter. I find his fights boring and ugly. He does have some skill and ring smarts and he is hard to beat especially when he is allowed to use illegal tactics. Mayweather is vastly superior to Ward and lands his punches without all the wrestling, mauling, clinching, hugging and holding. I am glad Ward is retired but if he did come back at 175 I think Bivol would beat him even in Oakland, Compare how each one did against Barrera.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      Ward seems to be happily retired, got a great deal with ESPN, Hosting Contender on EPIX, will be in Creed 2 so Ward is doing great with his Life after Boxing while he still has some fans absolutely MISERABLE over his success as a boxer STILL
                      i love how you start listing off his life achievements and then claim anyone who thinks hes overrated, dirty or anything you perceive as a negative opinion of him as being 'miserable', its like you dont even know your doing a parody of a fanboy

Comment

Working...
                      X