Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freddie roach explains what happened to manny pacquiao's ko power: "he didn't carry t

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
    I'll give you cutting off the ring but Manny is very good at taking away jabs. Cotto, DLH are two prime examples. Floyd fight he obviously didn't, think they worked on countering his right, not jabs.
    manny hurt floyd because he parried the jab and countered it...if he did it more he wouldve did better in the fight

Comment

I Don't agree with Roach. He stopped Hatton,De la Hoya and Cotto at welterweight. Not to mention he broke Margarita orbital bone. He also hit Mosley so hard that he forgot what round it was. He did all of this as he at or around welterweight. Then all of sudden he looked normal and couldnt stop smaller fighters like Márquez, Bradley and Rios. Clearly he was on something.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        manny hurt floyd because he parried the jab and countered it...if he did it more he wouldve did better in the fight
        True, however, that motion may have been affected if the injury was legit. I was surprised to not see him to try and counter Floyd's jab with his right hook too, but that may have been due to FLoyd's reach advantage and distance.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
          True, however, that motion may have been affected if the injury was legit. I was surprised to not see him to try and counter Floyd's jab with his right hook too, but that may have been due to FLoyd's reach advantage and distance.
          his right hook wasnt very good unless it was a david diaz or hatton come forward type...he shouldve been launching those left hands

if the injury was legit he would have been able to throw like he did after the 4th round...he just couldnt get in position to land it.....nor could he with his right, which he throws too wide

Comment

I think he was taking something. He was a killer when he fought guys like Hatton,DLH,Cotto,Mosely etc..He was taking shots from bigger guys and not even flinching..his ability to take punishment was crazy. The juice or whatever he was on wont help his punching power but it would make him more aggressive and increase his ability to take punishment.

Comment

pacquiao's power has always been there he just doesn't go for the kill when the prey is wounded like he used to. he could have finished margarito and mosley

speed also contributes to his power which has decreased.

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
                I think he was taking something. He was a killer when he fought guys like Hatton,DLH,Cotto,Mosely etc..He was taking shots from bigger guys and not even flinching..his ability to take punishment was crazy. The juice or whatever he was on wont help his punching power but it would make him more aggressive and increase his ability to take punishment.
                no amount of juice would help you survive a body shot from bigger guys it was more like pac has a very high pain tolerance.

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post

Its easy to be a killer when the opponent is shot , weight drained and while loaded on Toradol , you guys are so blind to Mannys matchmaking BS .

When a guy is drained he has no resiliency , he has no snap he plods and will catch shots he wouldnt have before and his strength is not the same , Oscar Cotto and Margarito were all weight drained Oscar being the worst case ever in a major fight .

The Killer got turned OFF as soon as the draining CWs stopped , as soon as the opponents were not drained , they were brought up from JWW they were strong and not drained at all and terminator Manny went out the door just like it did prior to the CWs .

Manny had a run that was all about match making and weakening opponents , he was never a destroyer at any time in his career , he was a 2 fisted fighter that won by accumulation and aggressive boxing this Manny the killer is a man made fairytale that sucks in fanboys like a vacuum cleaner .

Comment

Originally posted by NUCLEAR View Post
                    no amount of juice would help you survive a body shot from bigger guys it was more like pac has a very high pain tolerance.
                    Thats what Toradol does , you guys cant be so pig ignorant the evidence is all there .

Comment

In all due respect, I must strongly disagree with Freddie Roach. When Manny made his foray into the 147 lb division, he was literally steamrolling and decapitating naturally larger and stronger guys. Actually he was hitting harder at welterweight than at any point in his career; That is with including the smaller weight classes because the knock against Manny Pacquiao at 130 was that he was a light puncher who didn't hit very hard

So what changed? What probably change was and I am not stating this as fact but just as an opinion that a reasonable person could deduce that he is no longer juicing as he once was when he first moved up and starting campaigning at the higher weight classes.

For instance, he literally lifted Miguel Cotto off his feet in 2009; The first time that has ever happened to him in his career; Coming from a naturally smaller opponent. Also, Shane confessed that it was the hardest that he has ever been hit before, being against a natural Junior light weight, even after it appeared that the punch that Pacquiao landed hardly even glanced him.

Comment

Working...
                      X