Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford-Collazo Deal Nearly Done; Could Be March 23 At MSG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuck. I guess there ain’t much else out there but it’s a turd of a fight.

I hope it’s a sign Haymon and Top Rank are working together more. Perhaps sort of like Haymon saying if you can pay some of my clients then I’ll work with you on the big fights?

Can only hope. If this is just an isolated match it’s utterly dreadful.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      I guess Mean Machine didn't impress enough to get a shot? For Crawford's sake hopefully he gets Spence or Thurman or Porter by end of next year or else he's wasting the last years of his prime.
      it says crawford is fighting 3x this year and Mean machine is now his mandatory so if he isn’t after Collazo he will be the fight after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        Busy with DAZN....
        Ahhh.....network conflict. Terrance Crawford should have never resigned with Arum. He's wasting his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by killakali View Post
          it says crawford is fighting 3x this year and Mean machine is now his mandatory so if he isn’t after Collazo he will be the fight after that.
          Cool, takes care of that match up. Collazo/Mean Machine/?????

The last fight is the key here. Get by these two mismatches but then what? Can he then get DSG/Spence/Thurman/Porter? I think there is a good chance we see Thurman/Porter rematch, DSG vs possibly Spence in the summer time, and then it's wide open for the last quarter of the year. Maybe winner of DSG/Spence vs winner of Thurman/Porter? One unrealistic thing about that is Thurman damn sure isn't fighting three times in a year so you know after the Porter fight, win or lose, he will be done for the year.

Comment

• Spence/Garcia and Crawford/Collazo within a week of eachother.
            Thurman's recent fights have been tougher than those 2 guys' recent fights, and he's been out the ring nearly 2 years.

Comment

• i'm usually for collazo getting a payday because he's had some hard luck and he's dangerous, but this is ridiculous.

crawford just had a light touch. he is agruably the best pound for pound fighter in the world. anybody with an opinion worth a damn has him in their top 5. i'd probably put him top 2 behind lomachenko. maybe you have usyk or canelo ahead, but that is it! some people ahve him at #1! the guy has a good resume and he can fight! he's in his prime and these soft touches are absolutely ridiculous

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                thats what i was getting at....just the mere mention of spence/collazo had the haters out in full force....everyone saying spence is scared of crawford etc etc

now its funny to see crawford actually making the fight with collazo....these haters out here have been trying to convince us spence is scared of crawford because of spences affiliation with pbc and haymon....the words pbc and haymon get some people all up in a tizzy...which makes me laugh
                haymon had nothing to do with making this fight

Comment

• Originally posted by ceylon mooney View Post
                  it is absolutely not a cherry pick. were talkin anout in-house bob arum. haymon is serving up collazo as a prerequisite.
                  haymon wasn’t involved in making this fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                    Spence/Garcia and Crawford/Collazo within a week of eachother.
                    Thurman's recent fights have been tougher than those 2 guys' recent fights, and he's been out the ring nearly 2 years.
                    I hope that's not a coincidence. They are both taking easy fights. Anyone who thinks Garcia is a decent fight for Spence is a fool:
                    Last edited by Mister Wolf; 11-23-2018, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      Cool, takes care of that match up. Collazo/Mean Machine/?????

The last fight is the key here. Get by these two mismatches but then what? Can he then get DSG/Spence/Thurman/Porter? I think there is a good chance we see Thurman/Porter rematch, DSG vs possibly Spence in the summer time, and then it's wide open for the last quarter of the year. Maybe winner of DSG/Spence vs winner of Thurman/Porter? One unrealistic thing about that is Thurman damn sure isn't fighting three times in a year so you know after the Porter fight, win or lose, he will be done for the year.
                      haymon isn’t putting porter Spence thurman porter in with Crawford in 2019. Maybe in late 2020.

Tim Smith said as much. Why would Haymon risk one of his guys losing to Crawford when he can do all the in House matchups first.

People say arum likes to keep it in house but Haymon is no different. If they have in house options available they will always prefer those.

Comment

Working...
                      X