Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Unless $50M Offer is Bluff, Wilder's Team Must Meet Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AussieStu View Post
    You’re right of course, Hearn doesn’t want to give up control of the promotion of his top earning fighter.

Wilder has called AJ’s bluff by making him the $50m offer he asked for ...

But I don’t understand why Haymon made the offer just over 24hrs before a planned meeting to discuss Hearn’s original $12.5m offer with a 24hr deadline. Haymon must have known AJ wouldn’t accept their offer without a sit down meeting with Hearn-Haymon to discuss details (despite the blister of his “I’ll sign the same day” remarks, just like Hearn knew Wilder wouldn’t accept the $12.5m offer without a sit down meeting. There is always negotiation before deals are agreed (never mind contracts signed).

Im sure Haymon can somehow raise $50m guarantee for the biggest HW fight in a decade, to me that’s not the problem.
    The problem is the 24hr deadline ensuring the planned meeting wouldn’t go ahead. That’s just playing games, just like Hearn often does (hell when haven’t they been a feature of boxing negotiations). But why cannot grown men who are supposed to be professionals just agree a planned meeting a negotiate in good faith to give the world the fight it wants.
    Pathetic on both sides.
    I was wondering the same thing, the whole 24hrs thing is lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
      I just don't get why he can't say

"yes i agree to the 50Ms, now let's look at the contract and sort the details"

Hearn is trying to find any excuse to not make the fight.
      Hey you, I hope you are not an entrepreneur. Please stay away from anything business or leadership. Folks like you could mortgage your counsel without knowing. Wilder fans are special species with no head. They represent all that is wrong with that nation

Comment

• Originally posted by AussieStu View Post

But I don’t understand why Haymon made the offer just over 24hrs before a planned meeting to discuss Hearn’s original $12.5m offer and with a 24hr deadline. Haymon must have known AJ wouldn’t accept their offer without a sit down meeting with Hearn-Haymon to discuss details (despite the bluster of his “I’ll sign the same day” remarks), just like Hearn knew Wilder wouldn’t accept the $12.5m offer without a sit down meeting. There is always negotiation before deals are agreed (never mind contracts signed).

Im sure Haymon can somehow raise $50m guarantee for the biggest HW fight in a decade, to me that’s not the problem.
        The problem is the 24hr deadline ensuring the planned meeting wouldn’t go ahead. That’s just playing games, just like Hearn often does (hell when haven’t they been a feature of boxing negotiations). But why cannot grown men who are supposed to be professionals just agree a planned meeting a negotiate in good faith to give the world the fight it wants.
        Pathetic on both sides.
        The simplest explanation is the best. Neither really want the fight at this time, or at least at terms that would be acceptable to the other side.

Wilder's team will not accept a flat fee and nor should they.

Hearn is not going to sign a blank check, again no reason why he should.

So we are left with empty posturing. Each side goes on to their respective next fights with a line to push to their respective fanbase:

'we offered 5 times his best purse, they wouldn't even meet us, they don't want the fight'

'we offered the 50mn AJ asked for, they wouldn't do what they said they would. They don't want this fight'

Expect this garbage to run and run in the background...

Comment

• Joshua has always conducted his business without media BS. This is Wilder's turf: shouting and whining in the media and ducking through PR. This fight is not happening because Wilder does not want it to

Comment

• Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
            Not if $50m is genuinely on the table. Hearn's just playing it cool, he would have had his time wasted many many times in the past, he's said as much in relation to Wilder before. So, he's not jumping around excitedly accepting something from someone he doesn't trust without some more substance.
            How would his time be wasted? He says yes to the money part. Gets into the meeting, talk details. See what is negotiable since Team Wilder is making the guarantee, and go from there.

Haymon Finkel and Dibella are well known names in boxing. They aren't rookies and have done major deals in the past. Hearn knows that.

Not sure why folks are treating Hearn like this do no wrong, nothing up his sleeve business man that just wants what's fair to all. Scratch that!

Comment

• Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
              I don’t understand, surely meeting to discuss the finer details of the deal is a must in order to make the fight happen. Suddenly actually meeting is a bad thing/duck move??..... I thought that’s how fights got made. You Wilder fans will take up the most ridiculous positions to defend him.
              If they were to meet, what would be the starting point? The 12.5 flat fee or the 50M guarantee? What's the point in meeting if you can't or haven't crossed the biggest hurdle?

Comment

• Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                I just don't get why he can't say

"yes i agree to the 50Ms, now let's look at the contract and sort the details"

Hearn is trying to find any excuse to not make the fight.
                Isn't that he is basically saying when he says lets meet and iron out the details?
                I mean what is this, a hostage negotiation? “You have 24 hours to respond or we send you your wife fingers in the mail”

Come on now, lets be reasonable here.
                Would you make the offer of $50 mil the way Wilder did or would you have attached some type of contract guaranteeing the funds in the email to eliminate all doubth?

Comment

• Originally posted by Oshio View Post
                  Joshua has always conducted his business without media BS. This is Wilder's turf: shouting and whining in the media and ducking through PR. This fight is not happening because Wilder does not want it to
                  This was obvious when he didnt go to the U.K to promote the fight and he was going to be paid for it .

Wilder wants the fight when he can leverage more money and use the media for a 2019 fight .

Hes the worst champion in history , he really is .

Comment

• Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
                    Seen so much bull**** written by the AJ side and the Wilder side over the course of this saga.

Acceptance is the final part of a contract negotiation and contractually binds the parties. By the time a offer is made there will be a contract to agree to. You can approach another party to negotiate prior to this of course which is where most of the dealing is done prior to a contract being drawn up. The contract acts as the offer, the signature acts as acceptance.

You agree to the terms via a back and forth of communications and negotiations. The thing about the price is that it's the most fundamental term of the contract and is necessarily contingent on the rest of the contract. You can't really expect a party to agree to a contract price and be bound by terms which they haven't seen. I think that's common sense to most people. We all know to read the small print.

The Wilder side have made their position clear; they need to meet in person now to arrange this ****. I hope that this cancelling the meeting is a tactical move and that they actually are willing to discuss this deal to get it made.
                    Have you purchased anything major? Car? House? Retail building? Business. The first step is to VERBALLY agree to the price, then preliminary binding paperwork is drawn. All that was asked of Hearn was to VERBALLY or by email agree to the money. That's not a contractual obligation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                      If they were to meet, what would be the starting point? The 12.5 flat fee or the 50M guarantee? What's the point in meeting if you can't or haven't crossed the biggest hurdle?
                      What are you talking about?

You Wilder fans embarrass yourselves constantly, as if the 12.5 million wasn’t rejected by Wilder so of course the object of discussion is the offer that was made recently and hasn’t been rejected which is the 50 million.

If Wilder’s team are serious about making this fight then meet Hearn today. It’s not like Wilder is blessed with options, stop messing around.

Comment

Working...
                      X