Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather or Sweet Pea.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whitaker was slipping and sliding against guys in their prime. Who did Mayweather fight that was in their prime?

Comment

Originally posted by Legends456 View Post
      I talked with a fried today about who was a better defensive fighter — Floyd or Pea. I say Whitaker and he says Mayweather.

Who is right?
      - -Sissyboy a pure defensive stinker reliant on home cooking and TBAs.

Pea can match his stink to be sure, but more game to face prime bests of fighters without home cooking, but as he did to Uncle Rog, he'd find a spot to pull down them sissy trunks and otherwise clown him all nite to hysterical applause by fans...doubled up in laughter for the rest of the nite.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
        Best is Nicolino Looche he doesn’t hold like Mayweather or bend to the ground like Whitaker
        It's funny to see you show your ignorance everytime you post.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
          Pernell used to get knocked down, he used to get hit allot, and did too much bobbing and weaving. Thats the problem with allot of defensive wizards; They do too much flashy **** to avoid punches.

Mayweather isnt a defensive wizard imo. He's a "pureboxer". He is going to outbox you, and avoid the punch at the last second. Similar to SRL, SRR, and Ali.

Except his defense is so sharp, that he has a variety of ways of avoiding those punches.

If we strictly talking about avoiding shots, he is the best of all time but it goes beyond that. Just embarrassing about 80% of his resume, is unheard of.

For me, he is the GOAT. We wont see a fighter more dominant than him ever!
          Lol hey Floyd

Comment

Sweet Pea was smoother in there and more effortless with his defense...but he got caught more than Floyd...Floyd was more defensively responsible as some have said...Pernell was an artist and a showman vs Floyd's workmanlike focus on defense/in the ring.

I think Sweet Pea was more talented...he just never really got the breaks that Floyd got in spades...funny how things work out sometimes.

Comment

They do deduct points for excessive holding
              It wasnt excessive though!

Thats besides the point as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
                Lol hey Floyd
                I aint Floyd!

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
                  Man you are so out of reality.

They could easily fight 15-20 rounds today if that was what it was, its all about pacing, they pace to fight out a full 12 rnds thats the idea, just like a racehorse is held back to run 2miles strong, then in another race let go in a 1/2 mile sprint to expel all he has inside the distance so that the last stride at the finish post was their last ounce of real effort.

Pacing understand what it means to any athlete.

Fighters and ALL modern athletes are better conditioned than they were in earlier times, simply because of education and knowledge, every record in sport has improved, its ignorant to think boxing has not.

Looche fought 99% B grade fighters you pulled his name out your ass just to be different, he couldnt hold May or Whitakers gym bag, just a different class .
                  Lochhe had great defence but he doesnt have the legacy of mayweather or pea . I think fighters today would struggle more with a 15 round fight just for the fact they are cutting way more weight due to day before weigh ins . But I agree that any top fighter of today could def do 15 round fights . And do it well under the same circumstances ( same day weigh ins ) . Lochhe had a great career and has two very top notch wins in Hernandez and Cervantes. Locche deserves to be in any talk of defensive wizards but he def lacks the legacy of either mayweather or sweet pea .

Comment

Originally posted by NORMNEALON View Post
                    Lochhe had great defence but he doesnt have the legacy of mayweather or pea . I think fighters today would struggle more with a 15 round fight just for the fact they are cutting way more weight due to day before weigh ins . But I agree that any top fighter of today could def do 15 round fights . And do it well under the same circumstances ( same day weigh ins ) . Lochhe had a great career and has two very top notch wins in Hernandez and Cervantes. Locche deserves to be in any talk of defensive wizards but he def lacks the legacy of either mayweather or sweet pea .
                    We’re talking about Defense Loochee was better but overall Mayweather and Pea had better offense which made them better overall. The blog was about Defense not who’s the top boxer P4P which I would not put Loochee in

Comment

We’re talking about Defense Loochee was better but overall Mayweather and Pea had better offense which made them better overall. The blog was about Defense not who’s the top boxer P4P which I would not put Loochee in
                      It is relevant because legacy means your defence was relevant against BETTER fighters. Which requires better defence. Iam a huge locche fan and I mention him in every defence thread but this has to be taken into account imho . Him and roy are two of very few fighters who have won rounds barely throwing a punch . That's top notch , but roy was due to athleticism which isnt defence in the classical sense, and that has to count for something legacy or not . I believe locche is an ATG defence wise . I just think fmj and pea were a little bit above him due to what I've stated ...I would have listed willie pep and named toney aswell of the top of my head . Sugar ray leonard deserves a mention too . But locche is surely in most top 5s

Comment

Working...
                      X