Collapse
No announcement yet.

Davis about Loma" Were taking are time"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank must be waiting for Loma to get too old. I can see the concern. Lomachenko would make Davis look silly in defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
      But UFC is full of mediocrity and below mediocrity. In UFC everyone is praised and hyped up as the best ever and then soon after he or she gets beaten like a dog. Just look at Covington calling himself the greatest fighter alive, one of the greatest ever and then he gets beaten up and put in the hospital quickly dispelling his delusions of grandeur. UFC is just as or more corrupt than boxing.

UFC actually brought in a WWE wrestler, Lesnar, who is in no way a fighter and maneuvered him to become their champion after just a few fights all because White wanted to bring in wrestling fans. They did not care about the respectability of their sport or their heavyweight championship. All they cared about was publicity and WWE fans. And Lesnar was a fraud, just because he wrestled in college (he had not wrestled in over 10 years plus) did not make him a fighter or a legit contender. The whole ordeal was a giant fraud. Then they decided to do a similar thing in the women's division with Rousey. Other issues include the UFC allowing Jones a guy who has consistently tested dirty for steroids and other drugs to continue fighting. I am not even going to go into Conor and all the **** he gets away with. By doing what they did with Lesnar, Rousey, Conor, and Jones makes them worse than boxing when it comes to corruption.
      No one EVER thought or said Covington was the best ever, apart from himself. It's a part of his shtick. He's not even the best 170'er of his own era. What about that was to do with UFC corruption or the sport as a whole? Terrible example.

Lesnar is one of the most freakish athletic monsters to ever compete in combat sports. Check his stats for when he tried out (injured bear in mind) for some NFL teams, crazy. He had a wrestling base already, he had freakish athleticism, he had size and power. Sure he wasn't technically great on the feet but his other tools allowed him to not have to be at that point. He beat legit fighters in Herring, Carwin, Mir and Couture. It's not like he fought some jobber out of Japan. It would have been a fraud if he never won the title. Mir also tapping him out actually attests to the credibility of the sport as he was outgunned physically but used his skill in area Brock didn't have experience in to win the fight.

Of course they cared about publicity and gaining exposure to wrestling fans who wanted something with a bit more of an edge than the PG product in WWE at the time. It was a brilliant business move.

We can talk about fraudulence but who is more corrupt than the WBA who have 100 belts per weight class? Look at the WBC creating bull**** belts for certain fights i.e. MayMac.

Rousey beat some notable fighters on her come up at a time when Womens MMA was slowly rising. She had a great base with Judo and was tapping people out. She beat the champ of SF in Tate and only then did they bring her and WMMA into the UFC. They needed the right star and the right time. Sure she beat some cans in the UFC but she beat who was put in front of her and was beat by better fighters. She made a number of defences in a division that was overlooked until her arrival.

Jon Jones has been thoroughly investigated and they explained what happened to him. Dude took some dick pills that are often known to be contaminated. They tested the batch and found they were. It's as simple as that. Before that he got popped for Coke.

They do favour stars, I agree but why shouldn't they? They bring the most money, the most attention and they help ensure everyone ends up getting paid more. I believe pre-Conor the highest amount of money ANYONE got paid out in one fight was GSP who received $5million. Conor is getting paid $30m easy, kinda like Floyds Showtime contract when he initially signed it.

You're complaining about the UFC but at least they make the real fights happen. Look at Boxing, how often do we actually get competitive, big fights anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
        Mayweather really fuked this sport up. If boxing ever recovers from this it will be seen as the dark age in retrospect.
        He did. I am not even a hater. I think he is an ATG. But he turned protecting the zero into a lame ass sport where no one ever fights anyone in their prime. Casuals equate the 0 with greatness.

Ali, de la hoya, leonard, etc. Certainly did not protect their 0s and brought joy to the sport.

I love boxing but im half way out with this ****. Loma vs Tank when Loma is 40. Tank then proclaims greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
          He did. I am not even a hater. I think he is an ATG. But he turned protecting the zero into a lame ass sport where no one ever fights anyone in their prime. Casuals equate the 0 with greatness.

Ali, de la hoya, leonard, etc. Certainly did not protect their 0s and brought joy to the sport.

I love boxing but im half way out with this ****. Loma vs Tank when Loma is 40. Tank then proclaims greatness.
          exactly my sentiment.

By the way, I don't know if this Jaguares is related to Caifanes but I had the pleasure to bring El Azul de tu Misterio de Jaguares to the DR in the 90's with a couple of friends. Great Rock band!

Comment

Quack quack

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
              But UFC is full of mediocrity and below mediocrity. In UFC everyone is praised and hyped up as the best ever and then soon after he or she gets beaten like a dog. Just look at Covington calling himself the greatest fighter alive, one of the greatest ever and then he gets beaten up and put in the hospital quickly dispelling his delusions of grandeur. UFC is just as or more corrupt than boxing.

UFC actually brought in a WWE wrestler, Lesnar, who is in no way a fighter and maneuvered him to become their champion after just a few fights all because White wanted to bring in wrestling fans. They did not care about the respectability of their sport or their heavyweight championship. All they cared about was publicity and WWE fans. And Lesnar was a fraud, just because he wrestled in college (he had not wrestled in over 10 years plus) did not make him a fighter or a legit contender. The whole ordeal was a giant fraud. Then they decided to do a similar thing in the women's division with Rousey. Other issues include the UFC allowing Jones a guy who has consistently tested dirty for steroids and other drugs to continue fighting. I am not even going to go into Conor and all the **** he gets away with. By doing what they did with Lesnar, Rousey, Conor, and Jones makes them worse than boxing when it comes to corruption.
              I’m no huge UFC fan boy by the way, but the top ten fight have to fight each other, the champ has to fight contenders constantly.
              It’s not perfect but it’s better than what we have

Comment

I bet Davis would actually spell it are also lol........

Comment

He’s too young to fight Loma but Teofimo ain’t...tf outta here, bro knows he ain’t ready.

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post

I understand why you are mad but lets take an honest look at what is going on at LW.

Loma got the emeritus designation to avoid having to make the mando defense so he could wait to fight the winner of Lopez/ commey.

Loma is interviewed and admits from a business perspective it’s better that Lopez won. Says it’s Lopez unification then he will try to make fight with Davis.

Davis responds after this win and says he can ko loma. Why are you equating that with protecting his 0?

You know Loma and Lopez is next.

Loma and Lopez are doing what is best for TR financially. Davis is going to do what is best for him and his promoter financially.

Davis is definitely avoiding Loma but he knows he can’t win now so he is going to use his ability to draw to create platforms to talk up expectations for a long term payoff.

A lot of the top earners have done this. It hasn’t killed the sport.
                    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 12-29-2019, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X