Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJ and Hearn have taken the play away from Wilder and Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol that loss just crippled matchroom, Joshua's stock did not go up.

Comment

I'd say that if Ruiz beats Joshua in the rematch he will be a bigger deal than Wilder in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
        If AJ beat Ruiz he would have cemented A side status in the US having sold 20k at MSG.

In defeat, AJ's name has gone up, Ruiz's name has gone up, Wilders name has plateaud on the back of a rematch with Ortiz that nobody asked for and Fury's name has plateaud because he is fighting Schwarz that nobody has asked for or cares about.

It looks like Ruiz v AJ 2 is landing at MSG ($8.99/$20) and will be a bigger success than Deyonce v Fury 2 ($80).

If AJ wins the rematch in convincing fashion he is in a hell of a strong position as the A side in the US and Fury and Wilder may have just taken one or the other out of the equation anyway.

If Ruiz wins the rematch, by then he will probably be drawing Canelo numbers and will also be the A side in the division.

Who the hell is gonna be paying more than 4x the price of Ruiz/AJ 2 for Deyonce v Fury 2?

Chess not checkers. Eddie is taking over America.

Hearn and DAZN > Haymon, Arum and PPV ripoffs.

It almost makes me wonder if AJ and Hearn had this in mind all along.
        You've convinced me!

Getting AJ KTFO by Ruiz was a brilliant strategic move by Eddie, like a chess grand master sacrificing his rook to set up an unstoppable checkmate 8 moves later!

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          You've convinced me!

Getting AJ KTFO by Ruiz was a brilliant strategic move by Eddie, like a chess grand master sacrificing his rook to set up an unstoppable checkmate 8 moves later!
          You know that's not the point I'm making.

AJ v Ruiz rematch is great for the winner, DAZN and Matchroom and bad for Wilder and Fury's bargaining position.

Their rematch, if it comes to fruition, is not gonna do well because people now know they can get the same standard of fight for 4x cheaper on DAZN.

All DAZN have to do is throw Canelo type of money at the Ruiz/Joshua winner and it's checkmate. Everyone knows where the heavyweight A side resides. On DAZN with all the rest of the top heavyweights. PBC and Top Rank have nobody.

Fury and Wilder will likely be picking up scraps from the dying PPV market in 12 months time because they overplayed their hand by banking on DAZN failing which it clearly is not.

Comment

This is the equivalent of a king getting captured by a pawn.

This isn't how chess is played.

Comment

You've convinced me!

The strategic move wasn't losing to Ruiz. It was building AJ into the number one boxer in terms of belts, ranking, resume and profile. All of that was prior to Ruiz.

Look at Ruiz. No-one is calling him a bum who got lucky. They're saying he's a major player in the division. A potential star. All because he beat AJ. The rematch is huge.

It's a different reaction to if Wilder had been floored by that overhand right that Breazeale threw when he was backed into the corner. Wilder would have been written off as a paper champ who never had a decent win. Breazeale wouldn't be considered a true champ, just a place holder waiting for a top fighter to take the belt.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                And if Ruiz wins again, it'll be check-mate
                Yeppers. More cope from the limey dinnermashers.

FACE IT; YOUR BOY GOT STARCHED, AND QUIT LIKE A LIL *****. GAVE HIS BELTS AWAY!!!

Go out on your shield FFS!!!!

Comment

What a masterful weekend for Hearn!!!!
                  AJ quitting like a *****, Josh Kelly couldn't get past a mediocre Robinson, Katie Taylor needed the judges to get a decision.
                  Thanks for opening our eyes!!!!!
                  What could we do without your genious insight!!!
                  Please, keep enlightening our lives!!!
                  Eddie is taking over America!!!!!
                  What's his next ploy?
                  Bankrupt dazn to show the world that he is on top of everything? ?

Comment

You've convinced me!

LMFNAO!!!!

Whatta buncha crooked tooth ***gits we got in the UK.

I wish I could blast the queen right in the ole' fish and chips.

F.U.C.K. THE UK!!!!!!

Comment

So you are saying he got knocked out by a fat guy on purpose

Comment

Working...
                      X