Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Estrada Gets Revenge, Outboxes Sor Rungvisai For WBC Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estrada reminded me of a young Juan Manuel Marquez! Great performance gallo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theosis26 View Post
      He's p4p now. If you beat another fighter who's on the list, you get ranked p4p. Not sure how you don't know that lol....
      Yeah it’s not like it was a fluke Estrada was probably top 20 p4p before the fight and he just beat a top 10 fighter easily.

Comment

• I only caught the second half of the fight, but it seems like it was just a brilliant performance by El Gallo. Hats off to him.

I generally go with the better boxer in rematches, but my gut told me Rungvisai was just special and would find a way to win. I still think he is special, and so is Estrada, but from what I was able to watch, basically round 7 onward, Rungvisai didn't seem as aggressive. Whether that was because of Estrada, or other reasons, idk, but I would love a trilogy.

Comment

• I dont get why the judges dont seem to like Estrada really

But hey at least the right guy won this time, took SRR to school tonight congrats Gallo!!

Comment

• Welp. Congrats to Estrada

Rungvisai should have fought southpaw from the start, he's much more effective in that stance

Comment

• Estrada vs Nietes next!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nehnenqui View Post
                You’re one of the few people on here who knows what they’re watching.

Most of these idiots will swear to you that Jorge Linares is P4P, lmao.
                The only reason I joined DAZN tonight was because of him (Estrada). I thought he won the first fight, too, actually. This one wasn't close.

I could watch it on a free stream if I wanted to, but I wanted to support him.

Gonna try their monthly $20 sub.

Comment

• Fixed for trilogy

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
                    10-2 estrada

Judges must have given all close rounds to rung i.e. rounds 2,6,10,11,12
                    Judges have a tendency to mean regress (for lack of a better term). They will reward a losing fighter for simply doing better in a given later round, even if he shouldn't technically win that round.

Comment

• P4P is a subjective list but Estrada has not fought AND beaten top opposition consistently recently. One fight is not a deciding factor, just ask JMM that and he's definitely ranked higher than Estrada all time, yet he knocked out Pacquiao but I've never seen a P4P list where JMM is ranked higher. The other aspect is that the opponent he just beat already beat him once so they're technically 1-1. No taking anything away from Estrada, I just don't believe he has fought AND beaten enough top opposition.

Factors for P4P:
                      Top 10 pound for pound boxers ranking list is formulated based on four key criteria in the following order:

Level of competition faced and beaten on a consistent basis by top-tier professional fighters that at least compete once every 18 months.
                      Level of boxing skills that translate to different weight categories and different styles of opponent.
                      How a fighter performs in his victories.
                      Accomplishments and pedigree in the sport of boxing both amateur and pro to date.

Comment

Working...
                      X