Reparations time. Pay what you owe!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    ***looks up Coleman Hughes***

23-year old undergraduate student at Columbia, with no writings of note, whose only referenced contribution is as a colomnist for Quillette, a barely 4-year old online magazine with it's own clear issues with free press and "mainstream media".

C'mon Javi, what in the ****?
    It's clear that you didn't expect anyone to actually look beyond the heading, but this is ridiculous.
    so you have no counter arguments to the points he made?

Did I somewhere praise this guy for his academics or past writings etc?

No.....

counter his points like everyone else did... if not just gtfo of the thread really you are wasting my time.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      Watch the entire hearing. They did argue against him as much as they were allowed. And quite well.

You can tell that certain members would have loved to have an all out go at him. Rep. Jackson even invited him for further discussion thereafter to teach the young man a thing or two.
      will do

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        I agree with this guy 100% and HES A DEMOCRAT!

I agree with all of his points. Try to argue against it really but he makes solid sense.

imo the ones booing are the ones that are just looking at free money
        Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        Anyone with any bit of sense cannot agree with this reparations bull.
        Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        Here come the Uncle Tom comments in 3, 2, 1...
        Do you agree with him hiding his Puerto Rican heritage (like you Javi) to hop and the black train to make money?

Do you agree with him here?

You have to be able to recognize an agent when you see one. Mr Cruz has a lot to lose if Democrats lose so it's his best interest to squash the reparations talk because it's a losing issue for Democrats. This guy admitted he's identifying as black instead of Puerto Rican in order to get more recognition and make money. But he was basically raised a Boriqua.

Mr. Cruz has no track record of fighting for black issues but this is the only issue he's out front and center on. He's an agent. An intersectionality agent. They believe black, gay, women's, Palestine, immigration ect are all one issue under the same umbrella. They don't believe in pushing blacks only issues.

Y'all gonna stop being so easily fooled by wolves in sheep's clothing simply because a person says something you like. He has about as much authority to speak on black issues as Theodore.

Comment

• He puts his sexuality before his race (which one? ) He has no authority to speak on black issues as a representative of black people.

Buttigieg’s ****sexuality is NOT the reason black people haven't latched onto him as a candidate. Buttigieg is a small town Midwestern mayor from of a town that doesn't have a of black people. That's why he hasn't connected with black people. He's unfamiliar with us and we are with him. It's his job to connect to the voters.

This didn't help either

He's the white liberal elite dream candidate.

Comment

• Well he basically says it belives in a just world they would get repariation but he sees how thats more of a hangup for his people than a progress.

Lets jsut talks facts. Theirs things called a continued crime (so status of limitation would not apply to someone still benefitting from a past crime), and theirs a thing called restitution to your victims. So just by law blacks are owed restitution (reparitions) for the enslavement etc that was dealt to them at the hands of previous American Citizens. Its not a question of Should/If/But its just facts and in a just and civil society it would play out like that. This man here is talking from the "SHOULD" we aspect, not the facts aspect.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
              Anyone with any bit of sense cannot agree with this reparations bull.
              Not the world's fault that you lack perspective.

Getting the equivalent of 40 acres and a mule in 1869 (or whatever the year was) is something that folks can and will argue about, rightly so on either side, but to plainly act as if slavery and Jim Crow have no impacts on black folks living today, let's everyone know where you stand on the issue.

Whether it's the opportunity/wealth denied from the efforts of black folks, or the seemingly subconscious fears of white folks that turn every black male child over the age of 12 (sometimes younger) into a threat worth drawing a weapon upon at first interaction, **** is ****ed up, and the fact that you refuse to acknowledge it, or are simply ignorant tells me all I need to know about you

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                Not the world's fault that you lack perspective.

Getting the equivalent of 40 acres and a mule in 1869 (or whatever the year was) is something that folks can and will argue about, rightly so on either side, but to plainly act as if slavery and Jim Crow have no impacts on black folks living today, let's everyone know where you stand on the issue.

Whether it's the opportunity/wealth denied from the efforts of black folks, or the seemingly subconscious fears of white folks that turn every black male child over the age of 12 (sometimes younger) into a threat worth drawing a weapon upon at first interaction, **** is ****ed up, and the fact that you refuse to acknowledge it, or are simply ignorant tells me all I need to know about you

So you believe that acts that happened 200 years ago affect the life some someone born 20 years ago

How far back do you want to go and try put right wrongs.
                And on what basis, the color of someone skin?

You know white people have African DNA in them and Black people have European DNA in them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  He puts his sexuality before his race (which one? ) He has no authority to speak on black issues as a representative of black people.

Buttigieg’s ****sexuality is NOT the reason black people haven't latched onto him as a candidate. Buttigieg is a small town Midwestern mayor from of a town that doesn't have a of black people. That's why he hasn't connected with black people. He's unfamiliar with us and we are with him. It's his job to connect to the voters.

This didn't help either

He's the white liberal elite dream candidate.
                  Define black. Are you saying a very dark skinned Puerto Rican or Cuban cannot trace their ancestry back to Africa? I bet if he was pulled over by police, dragged out of his car and beaten for no reason most people would agree he was profiled for being black, not Puerto Rican.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    Define black. Are you saying a very dark skinned Puerto Rican or Cuban cannot trace their ancestry back to Africa? I bet if he was pulled over by police, dragged out of his car and beaten for no reason most people would agree he was profiled for being black, not Puerto Rican.
                    Go back and read my last post before this one

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      Go back and read my last post before this one
                      He openly admits he identified as black because he would be taken more seriously and gian “social capital (not monetary), as it pertains to being heard. Again, define black?

This is a catch-22 for a man like Hughes. Society, preaches that a drop of black blood somehow makes you black, and a majority of mixed race poeple often self identify as black, particularly when they want to fit in with other blacks or reap the benefits of affirmative action. Obama won a Presidency running as the “first black President”. I bet critics of Hughes didn’t have a problem with Obama turning his “blackness” on and off right on cue depending on the demographic make up of his audience.

Comment

Working...
                      X