No announcement yet.

Ryan Garcia beefing with his Manager. Manager takes him to arbitration

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mazukan View Post
    Ryan deleted a couple of tweets last night.

“I’m not fighting until I get what I’m worth. Point blank. Period”

And

“I make in the deep 6 figures for social media deals on my IG. Boxing has to at least match that.”
    Interesting, but yea I'd agree with him. I just posted that I think he might not last in boxing if he keeps getting better & better opportunities outside of boxing. Who da f#ck wants to get hit in the head for short money when you got longer money elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazukan View Post
      Ryan deleted a couple of tweets last night.

“I’m not fighting until I get what I’m worth. Point blank. Period”

And

“I make in the deep 6 figures for social media deals on my IG. Boxing has to at least match that.”
      Do you have any proof of this? A screen shot or anyone else reporting it? Ryan has tweets saying he wants to fight and Steve reporting that Golden Boy is the one who can't schedule a fight until the manager issue is resolved not that Ryan is telling Golden boy he isn't fighting. Not calling you liar but need to see proof that Ryan is the one saying he won't fight.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        There's a flip side to that coin. Another common situation in this business is fighters who get financial backing in the beginning, then once they start making some decent money, they get amnesia about their contracts.

Not saying that is the case here, because I dont know, but its relatively common.........
        Great Point! Never even thought about this but yeah I can understand this side as well! Managers, Promoters or whatever do put themselves in debt trying to make some of these fighters a STAR only for them to jump to someone else right when they're on the Brink of Stardom

Exactly why Cameron Dunkin is now a Promoter instead of just a Manager after losing so many fighters over the years
        Last edited by sicko; 05-30-2019, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          Do you have any proof of this? A screen shot or anyone else reporting it? Ryan has tweets saying he wants to fight and Steve reporting that Golden Boy is the one who can't schedule a fight until the manager issue is resolved not that Ryan is telling Golden boy he isn't fighting. Not calling you liar but need to see proof that Ryan is the one saying he won't fight.
          Yeah actually I have the screen shot. If you of someone can pm me on how to crop it on to the forum and i’ll produce it.

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
            Ryan and his father are classless aholes.
            Ryan used to be sponsored when he was an amateur.
            His sponsor paid for almost everything.
            When he turned pro, his former sponsor called him.
            Ryan told the former sponsor he can't talk to him anymore.
            The former sponsor was told to go through Ryan's new manager if he wanted to talk to Ryan.

Ryan did not even give his old sponsor tickets to his fights.
            He's a d!ck.
            I gotta figure there is more to this story.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              Great Point! Never even thought about this but yeah I can understand this side as well! Managers, Promoters or whatever do put themselves in debt trying to make some of these fighters a STAR only for them to jump to someone else right when they're on the Brink of Stardom

Exactly why Cameron Dunkin is now a Promoter instead of just a Manager after losing so many fighters over the years

it takes roughly $250k or so to develop a fighter from a pro-debut to 20-0. More if he has an Olympic pedigree, was a well known amateur, is a lefty, or has a high KO percentage. That money has to come from somewhere. And a promoter (or manager) can expect to break even or turn a profit on less than 1 in 20 fighters they develop. Every promoter and manager is trying to find the next Mayweather or the next Pacquiao to subsidize the rest of their stable.

There was something that came out in the Golden Boy-Haymon lawsuit if I remember correctly the only fighter Golden Boy was making a profit on was Canelo. Every other fighter was a minus sign........

Comment

Working...
              X