Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Mayweather vs Berto do such terrible PPV numbers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Doesn’t matter how you dice it, those were great numbers between two African Americans boxers, we get that now we would be crying. Have seen how people were shouting how Wilder is now the A-side based on selling 325k for a well hyped HW fight. So don’t give me the “Nobody cares about that” speech. Fact is everyone including yourself cares.
    I said nobody cares about it to cry with happiness over it. Thats f#cking silly man.

I'm admittedly a PPV dork or ex-PPV dork anyway so like I said I've got all sorts of opinions & theories on PPV sh^t & I do find it interesting.

But AGAIN thats got f#ck all to do with Floyd vs Berto being a bs PPV number for Floyd a PPV superstar.

At this point I got no clue what you are even arguing for except you think fans are celebrating the PPV upside promoters & fighters are getting which is clearly not a thing except for a small minority of idiot fanboys.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
      A mixture of Berto being a very weak B side and fan backlash after Mayweather-Pacquiao.
      And...

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

At this point I got no clue what you are even arguing for .
        You are the one arguing one arguing about me calling it good numbers in comparism with what we get now.

If Mayweather's worse number for a decade is even higher than our recent number then that says it all.

Especially the fact that the number was against an african american.

Comment

You are the one arguing one arguing about me calling it good numbers in comparism with what we get now.

If Mayweather's worse number for a decade is even higher than our recent number then that says it all.

Idk wtf Berto being black has to do with a mfing thing. You must celebrate the day Floyd fought SSM every year like a holiday if you are sucking Floyd's dick over the Berto PPV number. Floyd even knows that Berto number was trash in his heart of hearts.

And AGAIN this sh^t is relative. Floyd's numbers are different than Wilder's numbers. Manny's numbers are different than Spence's numbers. Canelo's numbers are different than Bud's numbers. 300k for Floyd, Manny & Canelo could be garbage & 300k for Wilder, Spence & Bud could be good. All PPV's aren't created equal. The marketing & advertising for all PPV's aren't the same. And primarily the expectations aren't the same. When Floyd, Manny & Canelo were starting out 300k woulda been gold for them too, but when they are getting 500k+, 1M+ to drop back down like Floyd did for the Berto fight & like Manny did for several fights is trash numbers.

Comment

Idk wtf Berto being black has to do with a mfing thing. You must celebrate the day Floyd fought SSM every year like a holiday if you are sucking Floyd's dick over the Berto PPV number. Floyd even knows that Berto number was trash in his heart of hearts.

And AGAIN this sh^t is relative. Floyd's numbers are different than Wilder's numbers. Manny's numbers are different than Spence's numbers. Canelo's numbers are different than Bud's numbers. 300k for Floyd, Manny & Canelo could be garbage & 300k for Wilder, Spence & Bud could be good. All PPV's aren't created equal. The marketing & advertising for all PPV's aren't the same. And primarily the expectations aren't the same. When Floyd, Manny & Canelo were starting out 300k woulda been gold for them too, but when they are getting 500k+, 1M+ to drop back down like Floyd did for the Berto fight & like Manny did for several fights is trash numbers.
            Dont mind Eff Pandas Ray*

The dude is dumber than rotted wood.

Black Americans dont sell well when they oppose other black Americans. Arum has said this many times and I think I remember Schaefer talk about it years ago (back when he was GBP). Probably has to do with blacks needing to feel some sort of moral victory by overcoming oppression when/if their black fighter wins.

Regardless of all that Ray* is right. Floyd's worst PPV in like 12 years is still the BEST PPV for anyone not named Ca$hnelo

Comment

Idk wtf Berto being black has to do with a mfing thing.
              Because two african american boxers numbers aren't usually that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                Dont mind Eff Pandas Ray*

The dude is dumber than rotted wood.

Black Americans dont sell well when they oppose other black Americans. Arum has said this many times and I think I remember Schaefer talk about it years ago (back when he was GBP). Probably has to do with blacks needing to feel some sort of moral victory by overcoming oppression when/if their black fighter wins.

Regardless of all that Ray* is right. Floyd's worst PPV in like 12 years is still the BEST PPV for anyone not named Ca$hnelo
                He is getting his knickers in a twist over nothing

Comment

Because two african american boxers numbers aren't usually that good.
                  What?!?!?!

I hate that boxing fans are so f#cking stupid sometimes. Come on brother. I know you aren't being this silly & off base on this sh^t as you appear to be.

You do know that 6 of the top 13 PPV's of all time are two black guys fighting right??? And its the most popular racial setup of the top PPV's?

Know your f#cking boxing history!!!

The Top 13 PPV's of All Time

Black guy vs Black guy x6
                  (Tyson vs Evander I & II, Tyson vs Lewis, Evander vs Foreman, Floyd vs Shane, Tyson vs Bruno II)

Black guy vs Latino guy x3
                  (Floyd vs Oscar, Floyd vs Canelo, Floyd vs Cotto)

Black guy vs White guy x2
                  (Tyson vs McNeeley, Floyd vs Conor)

Latino guy vs Latino guy x1
                  (Oscar vs Felix)

Black guy vs Asian guy x1
                  (Floyd vs Manny)

Comment

What?!?!?!

Know your f#cking boxing history!!!

The Top 13 PPV's of All Time

Black guy vs Black guy x6
                    (Tyson vs Evander I & II, Tyson vs Lewis, Evander vs Foreman, Floyd vs Shane, Tyson vs Bruno II)

Black guy vs Latino guy x3
                    (Floyd vs Oscar, Floyd vs Canelo, Floyd vs Cotto)

Black guy vs White guy x2
                    (Tyson vs McNeeley, Floyd vs Conor)

Latino guy vs Latino guy x1
                    (Oscar vs Felix)

Black guy vs Asian guy x1
                    (Floyd vs Manny)
                    Are you drunk or trying to troll or just plain dumb here? ..
                    You obviously don't know who is african american to asian...

Comment

Are you drunk or trying to troll or just plain dumb here? ..
                      You obviously don't know who is african american to asian...
                      What are you disputing here exactly?

Granted some may consider Felix black instead of latino or a black latino more than just a latino. And okay Bruno & Lewis are African European or African Canadian I suppose. But I think the basic racial breakdown I made is what people viewed those fights as if they were considering them from racial makeup.

And even if you take dispute with those situations the overall doesn't get changed at all except the specifics numbers. And the fact remains that black guys fighting black guys have done the best in PPV at the tip top 10ish fights.

So what are you disputing exactly? A couple rounding up or down racial calls I made? Fair play. The overall point stands.

Comment

Working...
                      X