Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you consider Nonito Donaire to be a hall of famer or an all time great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOF - Most likely because he was a 4 division world champion, and was voted FOTY, had a nice stretch.

an ATG - He is not.

Comment

Nonito has wins over: Vic Darchinyan (twice), Moruti Mthalane, Hernan Marquez, Volodymyr Sydorenko, Fernando Montiel, Omar Narvaez, Wilfredo Vazquez Jr., Jeffrey Mathebula, Toshiaki Nishioka, Jorge Arce, Simpiwe Vetyeka, and now Ryan Burnett.

Darchinyan, Montiel and Arce may themselves end up in the hall of fame. Burnett is still young so, for all we know he may end up having a great career. He has already been a unified champion.

Donaire is an 8x World Champion in 4 divisions, 2012 Fighter of the Year by both The Ring and BWAA, and a 2x Ring Magazine KO of the Year winner.

If he is going into the Hall of Fame should never be questioned. Boxers that have accomplished much less have gotten in.
      Whether he is an ATG, it depends on the person, because it seems like everyone has different guidelines.
      Nonito has simply done more than most boxers in the last decade, even from 2000-present you wouldn't be able to name many fighters that have done more than him.

Donaire just moved back down to 118 and despite being slower than he used to be and older, he was still competitive against the faster and younger Burnett. I had the fight 2-2 before the stoppage. I think Donaire is a live opponent against Tete. If he beats Tete that will just be one more title and one more name on his resume. I don't think he can beat Inoue at this stage of his career, but imagine if he did.

As breadman has said, Nonito "Cleanest Great Fighter of this era."
      Last edited by HI-TECH Boxing; 11-05-2018, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Bump. No denying that Donaire is a definite HOF, and also an ATG in my opinion. Never backed down on anyone, very humble even in defeat, and has bounced back. A win over Inoue (very tall order) would cement his ATG status.
        Last edited by Flo_Raiden; 04-29-2019, 11:25 AM.

Comment

More respect for the FILIPINO FLASH!!!

Comment

It's felony not to say YES.

Comment

Working...
            X