No announcement yet.

Mikey can make 135. Does he want to?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikey can make 135. Does he want to?

People have to stop pretending that Mikey can't make 135.

He can, easily. Not only that, but it is the weight he is best at.

He defended his 135 title barely more than 6 months before fighting Spence. That is hardly a lifetime ago.

He looked fat against Spence. His journey up to 147 wasn't natural or healthy. He was thick through the gut and slow.

He can return to 135 without it hurting him at all, because his journey up to 147 just meant getting fat and soft, like he skipped any diet control during camp.
    Returning to 135 will be him at his healthiest.

Mikey's best weight is not 140. That's clown talk. A guy as good as Mikey can fight one weight up from his best weight and not look like absolute shit. But he fought Spence and he looked atrocious, like a man shaped piece of dog feces. That's because he wasn't one weight class higher than his best weight, it was because he was two weight classes above his best weight.

Mikey likes his pizza. We know this. He can choose to fight at a higher weight for the rest of his career. He can choose to fight at 140, and will do fine.

But there is a big difference between "can't" make weight and "doesn't want to" make weight.

If Mikey doesn't want to go back to 135, and misses out on the fights there, then it is 100% his choice.

I hope he chooses to fight at 135, his best weight, for a while to come.

He made 135 and fought well for Easter and he is the same size now as he was then. He is in his 30s and all done growing. He can make 135 and be strong but I think Loma would be too fast for him just as Spence was.

Comment

It's his best weight.

He's never looked that good above 135. He didn't look that good v Lipinets and anyone beats Broner with a good punch output.

He will keep avoiding Loma though, even if it means fighting in weight classes that aren't suited to him.

Comment

I don’t think he can make 135

Comment

He already got the crap beat out of him recently. Let him fight a bum so he can get his confidence back.

Comment

Sure Garcia can make 135 but he only cares about who can pay more for his belt. He's selling himself now.

Comment

How do any of us know what weight he can make? What is this queer ****?

Comment

He could make 135 but does he or can he? That kind of stuff would require strict diet and training but idk, I dont see that from him. It's been years since he came into the ring shredded or looking like a boxer is "supposed to".

Like i said before Spence, mikey is just making excuses. He got smacked by Spence in a mismatch we all thought it would be, now would he damage his brand by getting smacked by Loma and his old promoter? No chance.

After seeing Mikey vs Spence I give Mikey no chance. Loma by WIDE UD

Comment

Working...
                X