No announcement yet.

Juan Manuel Marquez eyes Brook clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ramplamp View Post
    I might be the only one (I'm sure I'm not, but sometimes it feels like it...), but I realllly want to see Pacquiao/Marquez 5. Why not? Every time they've fought it's been edge-of-your-seat action. We have two great storylines. Marquez wants a 5th title to cap off his hall of fame career. Pacquiao wants redemption for the knockout heard round the world. Is too much of a good thing really a bad thing? Because in a year filled with mismatches, I'd be salivating over a fifth fight between these two.

I'm a Marquez fan btw. I'm not eager to see this because I want Pacquiao to get revenge. I just want to see it.
    I'm with you on the fifth fight, but all of their previous fights haven't really been THAT entertaining. The last one was great, the one before that was meh.

Comment

The only way JMM gets a shot a fifth title is to fight Pacquiao again, which he already ruled out, and he already ruled out a fight with Floyd for some reason he never chases a rematch with Floyd probably because he knows Floyds hardline stance on drug testing.

I think the most realistic chance is JMM will have to roid up to 154 and fight one of those guys for the belt at a catchweight.

I don't see Brook's promoting putting him in with Marquez, when they have a chance to unify with either Mayweather or the winner of Pac-Algieri and down the line a huge mega fight with Amir Khan on British soil.

right now Brook is in the driver seat not Marquez or Khan, I bet you Brook is enjoying it after all those years Khan put him down and acted like a diva when Brook challenged him to a fight. If I were Brook make Khan suffer and beg for at least a year o two before giving him a shot, defend our belt against some decent B or C level opponents like Sergio Martinez did and get some defenses and money, than fight Khan and demand the lions share just so this diva suffers and begs for a shot after all the crap he did you.

Comment

I guess I'm in the minority here, Brook won a close fight last night, but I didn't see much in the way of the kind of skills it will take to beat JMM.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          I'm with you on the fifth fight, but all of their previous fights haven't really been THAT entertaining. The last one was great, the one before that was meh.
          The second fight was a classic. The first was good too.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              The second fight was a classic. The first was good too.
              I agree. but those fights were when they were in their prime.

I think we're in for more of number 3 than number 4 if they were to fight again.

Comment

Let's go dinamita
                War!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  The only way JMM gets a shot a fifth title is to fight Pacquiao again, which he already ruled out, and he already ruled out a fight with Floyd for some reason he never chases a rematch with Floyd probably because he knows Floyds hardline stance on drug testing.

I think the most realistic chance is JMM will have to roid up to 154 and fight one of those guys for the belt at a catchweight.

I don't see Brook's promoting putting him in with Marquez, when they have a chance to unify with either Mayweather or the winner of Pac-Algieri and down the line a huge mega fight with Amir Khan on British soil.

right now Brook is in the driver seat not Marquez or Khan, I bet you Brook is enjoying it after all those years Khan put him down and acted like a diva when Brook challenged him to a fight. If I were Brook make Khan suffer and beg for at least a year o two before giving him a shot, defend our belt against some decent B or C level opponents like Sergio Martinez did and get some defenses and money, than fight Khan and demand the lions share just so this diva suffers and begs for a shot after all the crap he did you.
                  Or he could wait until Khan loses and see what he'll say then.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post

He never chased a rematch with Floyd because he knows their styles don't mesh well and he has a hard time against pure boxers rather than hyper aggressive/come forward fighters.

Roid up to 154? Now you're talking nonsense. He isn't a big Welter, imagine how he will be dwarfed against a titleholder at 154. Regardless of skill size would be a huge factor that would define the victor.

The only reason I wouldn't see this fight actually having a shot at materialising would be if Team Marquez insists on making it in Mexico. If they succumb to fighting in the UK than I feel this showdown will have a huge opportunity on being made.

Out of Mayweather, Pacquiao and Marquez, Juan is the safest route to gain a legendary name on his resume and look spectacular while doing so. Khan is a big Welter that can make it a long night for Brook. Mayweather is a very gifted fighter, nothing I can say that we don't know by now about Floyd. Pacuiao hits hard and has incredible foot/hand speed that would trouble anyone in the division, especially coupled with those angles. Marquez is the oldest and has always had trouble against fighters who can actually box. If Timothy was able to outbox him and damn near take him out on the 12th round of their fight, what would a much bigger,stronger and more technically composed fighter in Brook do when the opportunity arises to take out a legend in spectacular fashion? Yeah.

If JMM vs Brook goes down I have Brook by a comfortable UD or possible late fight stoppage.

Comment

Tough fight for Marquez.

Marquez is my guy, but he can only win against a certain type of fighter at 147. But I'm happy he has the balls to face them all.

Comment

Working...
                      X