Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think a Classic Bout reality show would be cool..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think a Classic Bout reality show would be cool..

I'm suggesting you take a classic bout that was very memorable and have the two fighters watch it in it's entirety while commenting on it.. Kind of like how Rocky & Apollo were doing in Rocky IV.. Then answering fan's questions on it..

Or show the fight and have a host comment on it. Or maybe interview the fighters in prerecorded segments as well.

Comment

Didn't Al Bernstein used to host a show on ESPN like that? What was it called?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        Didn't Al Bernstein used to host a show on ESPN like that? What was it called?
        You are talking about SuperBouts, I think.. But, what I'm saying is have a guy like Bernstein or Merchant and have the two participants next to him to call the fight over again ten or twenty years after the fact.. Then answer online questions afterward..

Comment

I could go for that too. And then afterwards, they can say what happened in the rest of their careers and when they retired.

Comment

I could go for that too. And then afterwards, they can say what happened in the rest of their careers and when they retired.
            I'm not sure.. Another idea is to have each season or part of a season consist of a particular fighter. Say for example Sugar Ray Leonard.. The first show he'd have special guest Hearns. The next Hagler.. The next Duran etc.

Comment

I would watch this if was done well like the 30 for 30 films on espn.. I think it would be a great show.. Kinda like an hr long episodes in the vein of legendary nights

Comment

That would be some great TV. Hagler hates Leonard.

Comment

That would be some great TV. Hagler hates Leonard.
                  No way Hagler appears on that show. Like you said, he really does hate Leonard.

Comment

Classic network did this a lot(before espn bought them out). They would have guy like Robinson and Basilio in studio discussing the fight as they showed it. Actually before espn bought the network, Classic network showed a lot of boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X