No announcement yet.

The Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Matthysse Prediction Thread. **ITS ON!**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by animalfan10 View Post
    No way in hell was the first 6 rounds 5-1...MAYBE 4-2 Matthyse but you could also argue a 3-3 split but in no way shape or form was it 5-1

The fight was damn close even before the eye injury.
    I thought Matthysse was up 4-2, but it could easily be argued it was 3-3. One thing I can't accept, however, is that Garcia was up in the first half. Danny fought well and deserved to win, but the eye was a big help.

Comment

• Originally posted by animalfan10 View Post
      No way in hell was the first 6 rounds 5-1...MAYBE 4-2 Matthyse but you could also argue a 3-3 split but in no way shape or form was it 5-1

The fight was damn close even before the eye injury.
      On the night I had it 3-3 too, but I re-watched the fight yesterday and Garcia, while active, wasn't getting through properly early on with most of his shots being blocked, catching arms or gloves. DG really took over from the 7th.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 10-04-2013, 01:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
        On the night I had it 3-3 too, but I re-watched the fight yesterday and Garcia, while active, wasn't getting through properly early on with most of his shots being blocked, catching arms or gloves. DG really took over from the 7th.
        agreed, Lucas definitely landed the more clean effective punches in the first half of the fight, it's like the Garcia fans refuse to even acknowledge a major eye injury could have anything to do with a fighters ability to defend himself while still trying to force the attack

also, 3-3? no way in hell. I had it initially 4-1-1, but I gave Danny the benefit of the doubt in the first round so now I have it 4-2 Lucas

it's also funny that people refuse to post their score cards on this fight, I have Lucas also winning the 10th round, which gives him 5 non-arguable rounds on my card, putting the last two rounds 10-8 for each fighter, makes it 114-112 Danny or 113-113, which is not arguable and definitely the farthest thing from "a boxing lesson"

Comment

• Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
          agreed, Lucas definitely landed the more clean effective punches in the first half of the fight, it's like the Garcia fans refuse to even acknowledge a major eye injury could have anything to do with a fighters ability to defend himself while still trying to force the attack

also, 3-3? no way in hell. I had it initially 4-1-1, but I gave Danny the benefit of the doubt in the first round so now I have it 4-2 Lucas

it's also funny that people refuse to post their score cards on this fight, I have Lucas also winning the 10th round, which gives him 5 non-arguable rounds on my card, putting the last two rounds 10-8 for each fighter, makes it 114-112 Danny or 113-113, which is not arguable and definitely the farthest thing from "a boxing lesson"
          we understand how eye injuries affect a fighter....but the Lucas fans talk as if Lucas's orbital bone started to break up on it's own...or as if it was caused by a foul or something illegal....Lucas wanted to hurt and injure Swift as well....that's part of the game...it's funny how you people want others to post their scorecards when there was a CLEAR winner in the fight.....stop blaming the eye for swelling up and blame Lucas for having a leaky defense....that's why his orbital bone got smashed up.....he avoids getting cracked and his eye stays functional....simple!!!....you dudes refuse to put the full blame on Lucas....love is blind!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
            we understand how eye injuries affect a fighter....but the Lucas fans talk as if Lucas's orbital bone started to break up on it's own...or as if it was caused by a foul or something illegal....Lucas wanted to hurt and injure Swift as well....that's part of the game...it's funny how you people want others to post their scorecards when there was a CLEAR winner in the fight.....stop blaming the eye for swelling up and blame Lucas for having a leaky defense....that's why his orbital bone got smashed up.....he avoids getting cracked and his eye stays functional....simple!!!....you dudes refuse to put the full blame on Lucas....love is blind!!!
            no offense, but that's ridiculous if you're seriously blaming "poor defense" for a guys orbital bone breaking due to his opponent throwing an open fist at his face.

poor defense isn't what caused this injury, and it's ignorant to suggest such a thing. poor defense allows an opponent to accumulate punches, which can cause a break in that area (look at what Pacquiao did to Margarito, THAT is due to poor defense). a fluke open-handed punch breaking a guys orbital bone is just that, a FLUKE. I wouldn't expect a Garcia fanboy to understand this

Comment

• Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
              no offense, but that's ridiculous if you're seriously blaming "poor defense" for a guys orbital bone breaking due to his opponent throwing an open fist at his face.

poor defense isn't what caused this injury, and it's ignorant to suggest such a thing. poor defense allows an opponent to accumulate punches, which can cause a break in that area (look at what Pacquiao did to Margarito, THAT is due to poor defense). a fluke open-handed punch breaking a guys orbital bone is just that, a FLUKE. I wouldn't expect a Garcia fanboy to understand this
              so you're saying a broken orbital bone is the result of a FLUKE or bad luck and not the result of bad defense?!?....WOW!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                so you're saying a broken orbital bone is the result of a FLUKE or bad luck and not the result of bad defense?!?....WOW!!!
                You're not going to get anywhere. Just stop. His argument is basically if "Eli manning stopped throwing the ball to the defenders they would be 4-0 instead of 0-4" ...

Comment

• You say 'eye injury' as if the ref accidently poked him in the eye while breaking them up. I swear I have the fight on dvd and I keep rewinding that 7th round. People were saying oh the swollen eye happened in the 6th, WRONG. You can literally hear the SNAP when he broke this dudes face. That's my word. Danny broke this so-called punchers face. LITERALLY.

Comment

• Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                    You're not going to get anywhere. Just stop. His argument is basically if "Eli manning stopped throwing the ball to the defenders they would be 4-0 instead of 0-4" ...
                    what an awful analogy, throwing the ball is legal within the rules of football, hitting your opponent with the heel of your palm is not

ignorance is amazing when it works in the scope of your own flawed logic

Comment

• Lol, eyes swell in boxing. Danny won and that's that.

Comment

Working...
                      X