No announcement yet.

Tomasz Adamek vs. Steve Cunningham II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    I noticed that too. Don't know why boxingscene didn't include it in the title of their article. It's the most interesting part.
    Blew my mind. Seems to me to be a big deal, No matter what the capacity. Boxing is back on Network TV.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      Blew my mind. Seems to me to be a big deal, No matter what the capacity. Boxing is back on Network TV.
      Especially since it's Cunningham of all US Heavyweights; not that it's a bad thing, I've always enjoyed watching USS box, but I assumed it was NBC sports as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
        Still a big step forward.
        That it is... just sad I won't be here to watch it

Comment

Very good heavyweight slugfest to bring back the masses! First fight was epic.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            Solis ****ed up another big opportunity. I shouldn't even be surprised by this.
            Apparently it was because his promoter Oner wasn't satisfied with the contract.

Solis didn't find out the fight was off until after the negotiations broke down, so we shouldn't blame him. Oner is the one to blame.

Comment

First fight was a barn burner and I'm expecting an exact copy this time around. Adamek isn't the biggest puncher at heavyweight and Cunningham can still box, both of them will be fighting like men possessed.

Adamek UD in a excellent fight.

As for Solis; his career is going to end before it begins.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                Steve Cunningham will be the replacement for Odlanier Solis on the NBC Dec 22 telecast. Odlanier's promoter Oner wouldn't sign the contract (I don't know the details of why).

What's your prediction?
                should be a good fight but adamek has now been taking HW shots for a few years & has worked hard to get to a solid 220. cunningham doesn't have the power, chin or size to compete with the big boys. he's tall but only 208-210. i'm sure you know already but kathy duva says solis wanted too much money. he priced himself out.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  should be a good fight but adamek has now been taking HW shots for a few years & has worked hard to get to a solid 220. cunningham doesn't have the power, chin or size to compete with the big boys. he's tall but only 208-210. i'm sure you know already but kathy duva says solis wanted too much money. he priced himself out.
                  No, Kathy Duva said Ahmet Oner priced Solis out.

Odlanier Solis wanted the fight, he didn't even find out it was off until the next day.

Comment

great fight but it's obvious uss is gonna lose.

Comment

I expect a repeat of the first one.

Comment

Working...
                      X