No announcement yet.

Rewatched Floyd-Jmm and i have never seen Jmm look so lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
    People like to claim that Mayweather is some huge guy.

His 30 and 7 day weights and his fights at 154 are proof positive that the guy is never above 151.

Floyd's fight night weight is 150 pounds. Floyd is no bigger than Guerrero or Khan. Floyd's fight night weight was less than Hatton.
    This. Great post, Ros.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
      Your analysis has potholes though, people can grow into weight classes, and acclimate fully over time. JMM's climb to fight Floyd was terribly sudden.

By the time the Pac fight came along JMM probably felt much better at the weight.
      And you have contradicted yourself. Am i right to say that the next fight at 147 for marquez was Pacman. one fight wont make much difference to acclimatising to the weight. He may be able to introduce a better diet and training exercises to help his body carry the extra weight, but with only a fight difference he wouldnt have grown into the weight class. It probably helped that Pac is a small WW and Marquez knows how he fights but in terms of weight you are inaccurate.

Comment

• Floyd is always going to have this problem. Even if him and pac squared off and may won, the pac fans will say he was too big and manny isnt a natural WW.

Comment

• I remember the prefight predictions for this fight and they were dramatically different from what happened. People retroactively devalue the fight as a result. Andre Ward is having the same problem.

Comment

• was angel heredia with team marquez when he fought Floyd?

Comment

• Anyone that knows me knows I have been saying this for years: The worst style for a boxer isn't a style that is the exact opposite of his own (i.e. outboxer vs infighter) the worst style for a fighter is someone that does what you are good at BETTER THAN YOU. Floyd is a much better counterpuncher than JMM, what JMM was comfortable and excelled at doing Floyd did better in everyway. That's why JMM could never ever beat Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingKhan1 View Post
                And you have contradicted yourself. Am i right to say that the next fight at 147 for marquez was Pacman. one fight wont make much difference to acclimatising to the weight. He may be able to introduce a better diet and training exercises to help his body carry the extra weight, but with only a fight difference he wouldnt have grown into the weight class. It probably helped that Pac is a small WW and Marquez knows how he fights but in terms of weight you are inaccurate.
                Not really. There is no contradiction. The line of reasoning has been continuous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
                  Not really. There is no contradiction. The line of reasoning has been continuous.
                  Marquez fought Floyd at 144
                  His next two fights were at 135 against Diaz and Katsidis.
                  He then fought a little interim fight at 140 which lasted a round against Ramos
                  His next fight was Pacquiao at 144.

How exactly did he grow into the weight class???

Comment

• I don't care what anyone says, that doesn't happen prime for prime at 130. Floyd still wins, but not that dominantly.

Comment

• I don't really even think Marquez was prime at 130 in 07' or 08'. Marquez' prime to me was from the Norwood fight in 99' to his last fight at 126 in 06'. A lot of Marquez' prime was wasted after he got robbed against Norwood. He still built a good Featherweight resume during his prime. But at 130-135 I think Marquez was past his prime-still good. He was still really good at 130, but I don't think he was in his prime.

Same way i don't think Floyd was in his prime against Marquez in 09', he was past his prime but still really good.

07' or 08' Marquez at 130 still gets whupped by an 01' Floyd at 130.

Comment

Working...
                      X