• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every night 2 hours

no sundays

Ill have my bike back and i do 30 miles on bike on sundays

push hard

Comment

Every day, 2 hrs/day. I actually didn't do any running since I was focusing on increasing my weight, but **** that my training is becoming harder and harder everyday; i'll need to get my ass up and start runnin' lol.

Comment

hey folks, I'm fairly new to boxing (haven't sparred yet, only just starting to take a couple of intermediate classes) and I like that it's getting me into shape but I have really tiny girly arms with very little muscle on them... How can I get decent bulk to my bis & tris without it affecting my boxing training? Is there some kind of lifting I can do in-between days or something?

Thanks in advance for any advice

leo

Comment

Originally posted by kyshenko team View Post
          Don't take it too serious) always stay calm and relaxed. and you will learn how to hit s-bag within a day max two.

The thing is..if you will train proper boxing, you have great trainer who will take care of you, you won't have any weak areas on your body. Believe me!
          Plus lifting weights decreases your stamina a lot. I do sports proff for quiet a few years.
          There are some exercises I can suggest to you, that Actually Build your stamina, strength, agility etc. you will have best body shape if you take it seriously. in ex soviet countries every 1 doing it. But instead of showing you those vids, and try to show off or something. I'll show you some real bad mofos from US. if you get interested, ask me for a routine, we'll build a monster from you

After watching that, tell me if some 240lbs dude from weightlifting room, can do pull ups like that ,push-ups in steady fast paste and so on. I bet you won't find 1

in my prime i was about 220ish and could do pushups at a pace and as fluid as the man in the sleeveless shirt and it was all from work done in a gym or an athletic field.
          but i will say that for climbing around like the smaller man i would have been much better off when i was in my youth and about 180ish

i didn't box when i lifted weights (no gym for about an hour and a half from where i was living an i just count drive 3 hours a day and spend 20 bucks in gas every time i wanted to hit a heavybag)

you can get into insane shape in a world class weight room with all of the machines, and cables, dumbells in 5 lb increments from 5-100 or so
          freeweights in excess. pull up bar, dip bar, weight belt
          benches with adjustments

you need to know what you are doing, from experience, for your body and intended physique (that you'll be building)
          eat right
          rest

and most importantly work out correctly and with the right sorts of motion and weight

a few times a week (unless there's a basketball game going on, etc) you need to get out of that room, though, and move around on a bigger scale to get your blood pumping correctly and create impact on your bones, the only real way to strengthen them

you might not be lifting weights in the traditional sense (and in the bodybuilding sense, you wont be "lifting" at all)
          but a strength and conditioning workout is hugely beneficial to a top tier boxer looking to get a physical edge (obviously nothing is more important than the work you do in your gym with your coach)

just look at amir khan when he's with ariza
          and when he's not
          different beasts. khan looked horrible against mccloskey, for what that's worth

ariza is a ****ing guru when it comes to conditioning a boxer. anybody who tells you otherwise cant get past his personality, or hates manny pacquiao and thinks he uses drugs
          Last edited by New England; 07-29-2011, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Testosterone levels drop after 60 minutes, which is bad for muscle repair, mental strength etc. I didn't know that until I did bodybuilding, when I boxed I trained for around 90 mins.

Comment

I do two weights sessions a week Monday and Friday working different upper body parts:

Monday is Biceps and upper back with pressups and situps thrown in.

Friday is Chest, lower back and shoulders....then heavy bag work and/or skipping

Six days a week (sometimes seven) are running days and I average 40-50 miles a week:

Monday - Wednesday Mornings 3.4 miles a day

Monday evening: 5-6 miles of rep work (1/4, 1/2 and mile reps)

Tuesday evening: Hill work 5-6 miles

Wednesday evening: Steady running 4 miles

Thurday evening: Steady running with hard hills or a 4 mile time trial

Friday: 4-5 miles on track steady pace with a fast 1/2 or 1/4 finish.

Saturday: 12 mile run or a lower distance time trial

Sunday: The odd easy paced run (up to 8 miles or not at all)

I will also do random shadow boxing / pads / martial arts training (nunchaku) the odd evening or weekend.

My weight varies between 150Lbs and 154Lbs at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by kyshenko team View Post
                Don't take it too serious) always stay calm and relaxed. and you will learn how to hit s-bag within a day max two.

The thing is..if you will train proper boxing, you have great trainer who will take care of you, you won't have any weak areas on your body. Believe me!
                Plus lifting weights decreases your stamina a lot. I do sports proff for quiet a few years.
                There are some exercises I can suggest to you, that Actually Build your stamina, strength, agility etc. you will have best body shape if you take it seriously. in ex soviet countries every 1 doing it. But instead of showing you those vids, and try to show off or something. I'll show you some real bad mofos from US. if you get interested, ask me for a routine, we'll build a monster from you

After watching that, tell me if some 240lbs dude from weightlifting room, can do pull ups like that ,push-ups in steady fast paste and so on. I bet you won't find 1
                damn i got respect for dudes like that..you need a different type of strength than the one you need for lifting heavy weights and plus they're flexible,i had that on dvd a long time ago..good stuff.

Comment

4 days a week of boxing/ ring work (2 hours each session)

4 days a week of road work (30 mins - 1 hour)

2 days a week of power/power endurance work (Sprinting/ Olympic lifting/ box jumps etc) - 45 min - 1 hour)

2 days a week of Weight circuits/ med ball circuits - 30 min - 45 min)

Core work EVERYday...

1 day REST per week

Adds up to be about 3 hours per day, 6 days a week.

Comment

Lift 5 days a week
                    cardio 5 days a week some times 6
                    box 5 days a week

Usually swim in the ocean on my "rest" day

Comment

Working...
                    X